Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Use more elements than Captain Planet!

Wouldn’t that mean you are also doing thousands of damage to yourself? I don’t get it.

You don’t make balance adjustments based on outlier user behavior do you typically?

It would, but it wouldn’t matter since it would be armor damage on a dude with a ton of armor.

Armor? Pfft.

There is an area in a cave in Fort Joy. Is the cave that the rescued elf dude goes to. In one section of the cave there appears to be a small hole or something in the side of the cave. It has the gear icon, and when you use it, it says your are too small to fit through the opening. I figured I could use the cat because it was small, but the cat can’t use the transition (no icon or anything when using the cat).

Does anyone know what that area is about and how to cross that boundary?

To be cryptic - you need to play a game in the cave.

less cryptic
You have to play hide-and-seek with the kid - first he runs one place where you can see him. Go to him there - next time he goes invisible, but just go to the place where you found the hole and is there and will let you in on a secret tunnel.

A dwarf can get through with no trouble at all.

Also,

With a high enough Wits you can actually spot the entrance the kid otherwise points out, bypassing the hide n’ seek game entirely.

So everybody was saying to focus on physical or magic in a party and not to split your attention, but I tried to be a maverick. Finally gave up on that and have been much happier.

Except I changed my pyro/necro to a summon/necro and you can’t summon both their main line summons at the same time. Very sad. And annoyed. I went with this combo after one fight had a single NPC who summoned 2 skeletons who summoned 2 skeletons and I lost count after that.

One thing I wish had paid more attention to was the difficulty curve. I started the 2nd act off in the exactly wrong order, doing the most difficult to the easiest apparently, frequently marking and skipping fights as I realized there was just no way I could do it. It also takes quite awhile to realize this for some fights, because of reinforcements or resurrections.

This has made my recent fights cakewalks but the loot is pretty uninteresting with the low level. Though I did finally figure out why my accuracy was so terrible on 2 characters - that’s the penalty for using overleveled weapons. My ranger was walking around with 50% accuracy for the longest time.

Minor inventory tip. You can shift-click on an item and it will mark the item as a “ware”, which moves it to the Wares tab. When at a vendor, there’s a button to sell all wares.

So if you give Fane the mask and set it to elf, he can eat corpse parts just like a real elf. Wish I had known that in the beginning.

Wow, me too. Better late than never I guess.

But he still can only be healed by poison, correct?

So, my wife loves playing co-op strategy games with me in couch co-op. How is the couch co-op for this?

Yes - no matter what race Fane becomes with the mask, he still gets healed from poison and takes damage from healing.

He still gets hurt by healing spells, but NPCs don’t recognize that he’s undead so they won’t cast them at him. I’m not sure if that changes with higher lore skills on NPCs later in the game but it holds true through most of Act 2 anyway.

I don’t find it worth giving up the helm slot in combat for this most of the time, but with a helm on frequently the first thing that happens in combat against a water mage is regeneration on Fane. If I redo the combat with a racial mask it doesn’t happen and the fight is generally easier.

Very positive review at Eurogamer. I didn’t want too many spoilers, so I only skimmed it, but I read some very intriguing paragraphs that had me intrigued. It does make me wonder if I should skip my kickstarted copy of the original D:OS when I get time for this, and just skip straight to the sequel.

Rated Essential:

Has anyone an idea when the first time is one can respec? Still on the fort island around level six and get my butt handed to me constantly by fights against enemies my level. I think I am missing an offensive caster. I have the red prince as a fighter and he just does not cause enough damage , he seems to have too view action points to attack more than once. Beast as Rogue works great and Ifran as hunter as well with his new crossbow. Those my main enchanter is OK but really misses oomph right now. This is a hard game, propably will switch away from classic.

When you leave the starting island to go to the second act. From then on, you can respec.

So, is there no legendary orange gear in DOS2? At level 8 I haven’t found anything but purples and uniques. Tons and tons of mostly worthless uniques. DOS1 had a lot of orange gear but I guess Larian decided to drop it for the sequel?