Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Use more elements than Captain Planet!

Looks great and I’m sure I’ll love it, but I’m not excited about the extra multiplayer emphasis as not only will I almost certainly never play the game multiplayer, that focus probably precludes features and content that I’d prefer, like NPC schedules and more world simulation/building. So while I hope it’s a huge success and will support it, i’m a little less excited than I was for the first one when those features seemed more important (even though some were stripped out).

At this point, I don’t see how the multiplayer component is going to take away many resources. All they did was increase playable characters from 2 to 4, the hard part has long since been done.

I think he’s talking about stuff like “player 1 is trying to help NPC A, while player 2 is trying to kill NPC A.” While each of those individual goals might also apply to single player, dealing with them in multiplayer is a lot more design/testing work (because permutations.)

Larian said that they didn’t want players to lose quests in SP due to party members’ conflicting secret goals, so they won’t happen unless the player chooses them. Basically, it will be a different kind of dialog tree. The party member that didn’t get their goal fulfilled may sulk about it afterwards, etc.

See, marketing like that is how you kickstart >$500k in the first 24 hours.

This is awesome. Most studios would probably kill for a producer like that.

pledge $10k and they still charge you shipping. wtf???

Eh?10 dollars is not an option to pledge?

edit : nevermind - saw the K

If you have $10K to spend on it, I doubt you will be bothered by the shipping cost!

sure, but still seems cheeky :)

They gotta take care of their bottom line. If they charge the 10$ shipping for the 10k pack 10.000 times it sure makes a lot of difference. Or so.

It turns out that one of the $10k “Divine Noble” pledges came from GOG.com.

They get to design a character in the game.

Also, the Kickstarter is up to $1.5 million. The Hall of Echoes was unlocked.

Ciri jumps between worlds and end up in Divinity setting. Do it.

Not a bad idea. I actually like it quite a lot. :)

Chris Avellone is in.

Chris Avellone (Planescape: Torment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2, Fallout: New Vegas) [B]has agreed develop and write at least one of the playable origin stories in the game[/B], meaning fans of his work will get to play through Divinity: Original Sin 2, Avellone-style.

Wow. Don’t stress yourself or anything.

Last day for this kickstarter reminder, in case anyone was waiting for the last minute but wants to contribute. Both RPG Watch and RPG Codex did 10k fundraisers successfully, which is pretty cool.

Glad to see Chris Avellone contributing too, although I agree that the extent of his work doesn’t seem to be that meaningful, at least from that description. Who knows though - working with a new team, Larian may have just wanted to see how well their styles mesh. Avellone’s writing is pretty different than Larian’s standard stuff. But definitely a positive development.

Yeah I bumped up my pledge to $50, and it looks like they will hit all the stretch goals! Impressive!

Final 75 minutes, and they are at a little over 2 million raised. Not including paypal ammounts.

I’m tempted. But I did promise myself I’d play through Wasteland 2, Divinity, and Pillars of Eternity first to see how those projects turned out before I backed another RPG.

Spoilers. Each of those games you listed turned out to be some of my all time favorite RPG’s. How have you NOT played them yet?

Also, this happened.