Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Use more elements than Captain Planet!

Unless you use glass cannon, of course.

Maybe it’s a bug? They should play by the same rules. What level were they compared to your group? The same or much higher? Maybe they’ve got a mechanic where over leveled enemies can bypass resistance or something. It seems odd. I haven’t run into this yet but it would bum me out if it happened.

It has happened multiple times. Maybe it is a bug.

BTW, How does one get to blood moon island?

So there was this undead boatman, who said he would ferry me across. So paid his fee and then he apparently took me through the death fog and it was game over. Next time I killed him, but then I can’t use his boat. Now what?

And your characters dont have glass cannon perk?

No, they do not have the glass cannon perk. Id never take that. TheWombat said had noticed this too.

I have the GOG version of DOS2 and have been waiting for them to put the DOS2 Editor up for download over there. They finally did that so I installed it and took a quick look around.

I’m very encouraged by what I’ve seen so far. The editor looks pretty damn slick and well done. The workflow looks pretty good. This gives me a lot of hope that this will be popular and that we’ll have a big mod community making a lot of adventures and mods. Hopefully it will be as popular as the NW editor was back in the day. Granted, I haven’t looked at how they handle scripting and that’s usually the big killer for a lot of would be modders but we’ll see.

Has anybody else messed around with the editor and have any first impressions?

You should never split between Strength and Finesse or Intelligence. One of those 3 should be your main stat, with a bit more for Memory as needed and then maybe Wit & Con if you are going for certain build types.

Haha that was a fun one. She has really low physical armor so if you survive the first turn she won’t get another action off. Basically any dialogue that I suspect will devolve into a fight I preemptively spread out guys and then do some pre-buffing. Oh and for that particular fight I also pre-blessed the fire. No necrofire for you!

You should be alternating character turns unless something went wrong (ie part of your party entered combat later than others, those get sent to the end of the line). It’s why major investment in Wit for initiative purposes is useless since basically highest Wit in the party goes first, and then everyone else alternates.

But the order they alternate is based on initative, so if you want some in your party to go first, you still want that person to have the second highest initiative. I find it maddened me when the melee rogue would dash into the thick of combat and then my mage would go dead last and have very few options that didn’t including burning my rogue ally to a crisp, would have been smarter of me to have the mage go closer to first, when the enemies are still clustered together. Ah well. :)

If you can find equipment with +initiative, it really helps. I once had something that had +6 initiative. That makes a huge difference. Unfortunately, I out leveled it and now the best I have is some +2 initiative items.

One thing I like is that the game keeps running in the background. So when fighting a cheating boss mob with 20 action points for the 6th time, I just alt-tab out and browse the web for a minute.

The bridge that’s out isn’t really out.

It works that way sometimes. I fought a fight in Blackpits though that spawned two waves of voidlings that all moved one after another, so there was me, a magister, six voidlings, a magister, six voidlings, me, etc.

I was thinking about source draining her because she kind of looks like the shriekers. However, I would have to get closer enough for that to work.

Yes and yes. I used the NWN editors both 1 and 2, its more akin to NWN2 by far. Very similar setup and not tile based so the bar for entry will be a bit higher.

If however, you are comfortable in that type of editor in general it isn’t a heavy lift. Just putzing around I was able to figure most things out and I actually used it to get past a bug I was having not being able to reach the magic mirror respec thingy. So I literally just picked up the mirror off the boat and relocated it on shore. Quite simple.

It is more powerful by far than either NWN editor and between what I saw and the scripting I’ve seen in game for various events this should have very long legs. The main issue as always is that creating anything of merit requires a heavy duty time commitment most people won’t have.

I’d expect you will see the dedicated few doing amazing things but only after some time has passed, a few more bugs squashed, some balancing etc. has taken place. I’m cautiously optimistic basically.

Well it might depend on the ability as well, some things aren’t resisted by Armor or Magic Armor, though they’re fairly rare.

So I took the plunge and bought Dos 2. Made it to the island and loving it so far. ( I blame this thread…)

One of us. One of us! ONE OF US!

What are people’s thoughts on archers long term? Early on they were godly. Most DPS, by far of any character in my group. Now, around level 13 or so, they are the weakest and an almost pointless character except for maybe some debuff effects like cripple or knocking down with arrows.

Sounds like you need to upgrade your weapon. My lone wolf archer is demolishing things at level 14. He pretty much soloed both the Abberation and Alice in act 2 when they were +2 levels because my melee dude died instantly.