Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Use more elements than Captain Planet!

I thought the mechanics in D:OS2 were a great improvement over D:OS with a few exceptions.
The big failure was the armor system. Having a party of mixed damage types is very inefficient because of it. Also having a melee guy with a sword that has added magical damage, that extra damage is a waste.

There is also another big imbalance in the game design. Physical / Melee is MUCH stronger than magic damage. Warrior skills are based on weapon damage, where as mage skills are just purely level based. Your melee damage will scale up much better compare to a mage.

To make matters worse, just about everyone has some kind of magic resistance. Even if an NPC has only 20% fire resistance, that is a flat out 20% less damage you will do the them. Physical damage doesn’t have such a reduction with the exception of a very few special encounters with highly physically resistant mobs.

Right now I have a vampiric lone-wolf warrior who’s normal, base attack damage is like 2500 pts. He also has about a 50% crit rating and currently 185% more crit damage. Its absurd. No mage build will ever touch that.

I don’t know why this isn’t the default standard for any party based RPG with focus on inventories.

Dungeon Siege had this back in 2002. I recently re-installed it and it’s surprising how far ahead of its time it was. The graphics engine and streaming level system still holds up today.

dsloa

I have some fond memories of Dungeon Siege. Does it run in Win10?

Maybe they will address those imbalances if they come out with an Enhanced Edition (or whatever they called the first one). So, maybe it is good that I am waiting.

To avoid derailing this thread I linked the info here:

Anyone know how to see the resistances of your enemies? I remember this being in the first game somewhere but can’t make it happen here…

Having left the Lady Vengeance I’m having my face kicked in by everyone I meet.

I think there is a skill linked with it? Lore or something?

Edit: Loremaster lets you examine enemies and see info.

http://divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Loremaster

Aha. Ta.

Then you right click on the monsters to examine them.

Like the heroes of old!

Hopefully just a few more things to do in Reaper’s Bluffs or whatever the area is called. 80 hours in :/

Arx! At last! 104 hours :)

And done. Arx was less coherent than the rest, as advertised. For some reason Steam says 130 hours, where the game itself says 91.

I agree this is a great game for people who are looking for this kind of thing. I bet if you play this in your teens it’ll be like a religion for you. For me the zany style isn’t all that appealing and I never really grasped who all these factions were. I don’t think I’d play another, unless they switched things up a bit. If they managed a Spellforce type camera, that would do :)

I am finishing up this game, again. I mostly got interested in some new builds. Its a bit of a problem because I am no longer exploring, and tend to miss minor side quests. I just run around and hit the big areas, sometimes forgetting to even talk to quest NPCs who give you the quest to even go to said area.

If they do an expansion, I hope its really big. Like as big, if not bigger than the original game.
I would like to see some game-play tweaks.

1. Taunt : Currently you lose total control of your character, who will then attack enemies or seemingly take random actions. Id love to see this changed where you keep full control over your character, but you are only allowed to attack the taunting NPC.

2. The itemization needs to be greatly improved. Status effect immunity needs to be in the random pool of modifies on loot. IE: Can’t be charmed, Can’t be frozen, etc… Also some gear on vendors doesn’t spawn often. Compare the tiny amount of 2h weapons compared to the plethora of 1h weapons. Currently, I am playing a battle mage using finesse based armor. Magic+ helms were almost non-existent, yet int based magic helms were a dime a dozen.

3. All items should have rune slots. You get dozens of runes, and except for special unique items, only chest armor and amulets can have rune slots. If you want to get a particular resistance to 100%, good luck with that. My pyro-warrior had the same helm for 5 levels because none of the vendors in act 2 (of which there are quite a few) had a helm with useful stats other than the armor value. Since he is usually standing in an ocean of fame, fire resistances is very important.

We’re getting some details of the Definitive Edition upgrade (free for PC owners) that’s coming with the console version.

• Combat-lite newbie story mode
  • New tutorial
  • Revamped journal with better notifications
  • REWORK OF ARX AREA!

Hmm… This sounds interesting. After taking about a gazillion hours to get there, by the time I arrived in Arx I’d kinda burned out on the game. From various articles I gather Arx didn’t live up to the rest of the game, so just kind of left my gang stranded there, intending to go back again “soon” to finish things up.

Guess that now they’ll be waiting until August to finish up! Hope this upgrade is compatible with my savegame!

It wasn’t when they did the “definitive edition” for the first game, so I wouldn’t count on it. maybe if you have a save prior to actually entering Arx.

There’s plenty to improve in there, but I actually think some of the complaints about how it is now are really about the conclusion of the Nameless Isle sequence.

E3 2018 console trailer: