Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Use more elements than Captain Planet!

Thanks for posting. I didn’t get an email (or if I did I can’t find any trace of it), but I’ve managed to figure out how to get my key.

Now I just have to wait for the end of the workday. And the end of my kid’s back-to-school night. And then end of my kid’s volleyball game.

Dammit.

I have played a couple of hours of the early access campaign across two characters. Feels very much like the first game, which is a good thing for me. Looking forward to the full game.

I watched a YouTuber play, and have seen a few screenshots. There seems to be a lot of large blood pools that can be electrified. Seems to over do it a bit. Is this true, or is just something that is in a couple of the early fights?

I started a new game because there was a big patch in the last few days.

What stands out to me so far is that this game is tougher than the first. I have lost a lot of fights on the first go round. Early on, that was not my experience in the first game.

I dunno about that. I remember trying to leave the starting city in the first game and all the exists were down-right deadly, except the one you came it. I then ended up thinking the graveyard was the least deadly and it was very tough, but eventually I cleared it.

Later one the combat became much easier, but early on it was a tough fight.

New stuff

So you play just a single character in this one? No party?
Does anyone have an idea of a release date other than the vague 2017 date on steam?

I gave in and turned the difficulty down to “Explorer Mode” for the first game (after about 12 hours and endless deaths!), and did the same with the sequel, too (except right from the start). And even then, some fights in the sequel are still pretty brutal. I expect it needs proper balancing, but this is an Early Access game, so I’ve no doubt they’ll fix whatever problems there are currently.

No, you can control an entire party (unless you tell the characters you run across to take a hike). I played about two hours and I have a full party of four characters now, which means every character from the pre-made ones that I didn’t pick + the character I did choose.

I had no idea this was coming (and I haven’t seen the video in the article yet) but there is going to be a Neverwinter Nights type of DM Mode/Table Top multiplayer mode coming in OS2.

This is… very impressive sounding.

EDIT - Oh, wait, actual Dungeons and Dragons!?!?

Holy crap. That looks phenomenal. Much improved from the Original Sin toolkit.

More info here straight from the devs.

Good grief. That’s amazing. Talk about streaming bait, too - I’d actually enjoy watching that in a 5-player stream. Let alone creating my own stuff and sending my friends through it.

Matt Mercer, from the amazing DM weekly stream Critcal Role, will be showing this off tonight at 4pm PDT/7pm EDT (on Larian Studios stream I assume? Not sure). I’ll be mowing the lawn around then, so I’ll miss it, but if anyone watches it I’d love some impressions.

NWN did have some long legs because of the tools it had. I never found them that easy but this looks… more ideal, maybe.

Wow, I backed this and hadn’t been keeping up with what they’d been up to, this is the first I’ve heard about this, sounds impressive, and I loved NWN.

I loved dinking around with the NWN tools. I made a couple of (rather bad) scenarios for my friends, and it was a blast to design levels, fiddle with props, set up branching dialogue, and create combat encounters in a relatively amateur-friendly application. It saddened me greatly when NWN2 came out and the editor complexity ratcheted up to the point that i couldn’t just idly create quests like I used to.

The stuff they have in this video looks like a return to something like NWN, although if the terrain editor is still like the one in Original Sin, I guess us casuals will be relying on the pre-made map sections.

So is this purely a multi-user game with character creation and DM-ing tools or is there also a single-player campaign included?

Campaign, just like the first one, they are just adding some cool tools for people who have friends.

Wish it would come out already.

Yep, the Steam reviews make it sound like something I’d love to dive into.

New patch, and we now have a release date: September 14th!

They have to slow down, I haven’t finished the first one yet!

I’m pretty jazzed about that release date, I was expecting it to be more like November.