Divinity: Original Sin 2 wants to be the tool every D&D game master wants

It’s a proposal that games like BioWare’s Neverwinter Nights and n-Space’s Sword Coast Legends have delivered with varying degrees of success over the years.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2017/05/09/divinity-original-sin-2-wants-tool-every-dd-game-master-wants/

Oh boy.

[quote]
One thing Larian is not certain of yet is whether the “Lost Mine of Phandelver” module we spent several hours playing will ship with game master mode. The developer’s deal with Wizards of the Coast allowed them to show it to the press, but they haven’t yet determined whether they’ll be able to share it with players. However, Vincke calls the business relationship with Wizards of the Coast “a cross-promotion that works really well,” and he clearly hopes to get this module into the final game, possibly alongside other classic D&D campaigns.[/quote]

WOTC ruin everything.

Meh, if the game ships with a few modules by them that I’d likely treat just as examples on how game master works I can’t see how that’s going to taint DOS2.