Do you get mad?

I only get mad maybe once every 2 or 3 years. I can compartmentalize and file away the stuff that drives other people bonkers. I don’t know where I got that skill, but it’s really handy.

This. My steering wheel knows more about me than most people on the planet.

The #1 easiest way to piss me off is being stupid. I abhor dumb people. We live in a world that’s overflowing with information, so it takes a special kind of creature to willfully ignore all of that because it would interrupt their episode of Jersey Shore. Stupid people are like a giant anchor holding the intelligent people of the world back. There’s so much we could be doing with the world if only the hateful, the racist, the “faithful” and the superstitious would hurry up and die already so they stop bogging the rest of us down with their backwards thinking bullshit. I don’t think I’m anywhere near the smartest person in the world, but I still walk through my daily life spotting moron after moron and wondering why they can’t get their shit together. I sometimes wish I was one of them, because I really do think ignorance must be bliss.

Thoroughly. Not angry at all, though.

In this style? What style is that? Not lowest terms?

Tenniel style.

Two things get me furious in life.

1. Unexpected traffic. ‘Rush hour’ traffic is to be expected, if I know its coming I am not happy about sitting on a highway but I get it. But when its like a minor wreck causing a delay or some kind of highway closure I wasnt aware of, I get super pissed.

2. My baby’s momma. She is a goddamn crazy bitch.

Way cool. I thought I was the only one who did this. And such good company, too! I hope one day we can all drive up to the same intersection and glower at one another. :)

Taking care of a child in that situation is just exhausting work. It really is. There is no shame in feeling the pain, but it happens to me too, almost exactly as you have described, and in a many other ways that end up feeling eerily similar. I really believe having the ability to feel that bad one night and then saddle up and do it all over again the next day is the point of parenting. The idea that you’re going to fail (or at least not be perfect), but keep showing up, trying to improve. If I can pass that on to my kids, I did my job.

I used to get mad alot and wouldn’t let go for a long time. I suppose I still do a little but as I grew older I learned to control it and let go.
What worries me is I see my kids having the same trait. My youngest is too young to have serious conversations with, but I try by best to impart some elderly wisdom on my eldest. I can relate to everything she feels because she is so much like me, but it seems that its not really possible to effect a change at someone so young (~9).

This is great advice/a really important observation. What makes me mad? My kids can drive me crazy, esp. with the constant whining (they’re 3 and 6). Then I sometimes lose my cool, which makes me mad at myself. The key, for me, is to try and let it go, get up the next morning, and try to do a better job. It’s frustrating, maddening, and painful, but hey, who said having kids would be easy?

I have a son with aspergers, ADHD and fine motor delays. Despite KNOWING that he’s not at fault for his often horrible behavior, it still can easily send me into a rage. It’s very guilt-inducing and I struggle with it every day. Sometimes I just have to step away from the situation for a few minutes, and others I can get it under control quickly.

It’s a good thing he’s cute!

I have a gf with crippling anxiety and ADHD issues leading into severe depression. I KNOW that she doesn’t intend to make us late for everything we do or miss major academic deadlines/payments/etc., putting us into nasty situations, and that she’s medicating and attending 3 different kinds of therapy to help, but damned if I don’t get frustrated sometimes.

It’s natural; trick is not taking it out on them wherever possible.

That made my day. I’m still chucking. Good luck Vesper.

That’s what I always say about our pets after they cost us another $250 for whatever it is this month. “They’re lucky they’re cute!”