Do you pair an obscene amount of BT things to your phone?

Well no wonder my iPhone battery life is shite. I have literally twenty things paired to it in Bluetooth.

Did you do it in your sleep? Is that what you do? You sleep walk to your phone at night and pair things to its bluetooth?

i never looked under the bluetooth settings recently. i thought the bluetooth tracker app was handling the finding in its own app. not pairing every single tracker individually to my phone.

My Pebble watch is always connected and my wireless headphones are sometimes connected. BT battery drain is not a problem for me.

The only things I have paired to my phone are a bunch of wireless headphones (only one set of which I use now unless I have a battery crisis) and a wireless shower speaker. Maybe it works better phone—>devices, but I’ve found having multiple devices paired (and potentially connected) to a set of headphones being pretty dicey. This latest set is the only one that’s been capable of handling it at all well, and even so it occasionally just stops working if I forget I have both my iPod and my phone connected at the same time.

Do you really take such long showers? I saw an ad for that speaker and I wonder if it is really practical. Turned out, someone do find it useful!

My showers run about 20m active in-shower time. But between all the post-shower hair care and normal stuff like teeth, medicine, etc., the whole process is closer to 45m. I’ve considered the speakers before myself.

With your long hair, not surprising it needs so much time.

My wife has long hair, and a shower speaker. She leaves it on while doing her makeup/hair/etc, during that time we refer to as “the process”.

My gf is up to about 1.5 hours for “get ready for work,” or 2-2.5 for dates. It is. . . well, whatever. I ain’t gonna complain. She’s stupendously hot, so I’ll allow the crazy prep times :)

Who’s she dating?

Not especially long, no. Maybe 10 minutes, plus another 5-10 minutes of shaving/toothbrush etc. But that’s 10-plus minutes I’d be without podcasts otherwise, which is too much time. Also it was a gift. Previously I used a bluetooth speaker outside the shower but in the bathroom.

Seventeen things here, fifteen of which I can account for. Two of them I don’t remember the exact purpose—one’s an Onkyo receiver (but I don’t remember who it belongs to), and one has a familiar name but I really can’t remember what it was—edit: just remembered, it’s a Bluetooth enabled flashlight, a terrible idea. I should delete that pairing, as the flashlight was garbage.

I don’t think the number of things you have paired affects battery life though, right? Maybe the number you’re actively using could, but what’s the difference between having your Bluetooth radio on and watching for any of 20 different devices and on and watching for 3 different devices?

Unrelated, I noticed Bluetooth doesn’t seem as reliable since the 10.3 update on my iPhone 6. It looks like the inevitable breaking point for an almost three year old phone where it starts to actually feel “old”, performance is sluggish on several tasks now, but I noticed Bluetooth really took a hit. Seems like it was deprioritized, for lack of a better word. Anything that taxes the system at all results in audio skips or brief disconnects with Bluetooth appliances, mostly noticed in my car when it’s actively paired with three devices at once.

Things I use:

Car (plus misc loaner/friend cars to stream to)
Shower speaker
Wireless earbuds
a pair of wireless speakers
FitBit
Tablet
Game controller

Legacy items:
ms fitness tracker

only 14 for me
several headphones
bike computer
car