Do you register your games?

Never. Not games, not other software, not hardware, nothing. The only time I register is when it’s required for functionality.

I used to like registering back in the 1980s for Origin games, etc., because you’d occasionally get newsletters, catalogues, etc. and feel “special”.

Now you’re actually a retard for registering, because they just use that information for marketing/spam – about the only positive aspect from ever registering is they occasionally track system stats which helps them with support issues for current and upcoming games.

I register only when I have to, and in general consider it a waste of time plus an extra chance to get junk email. If I am forced to register (e.g. to post on a forum), I lie about all the personal and contact data – no I don’t want to hear from nosy asshole marketing bastards!

I tend to register. I can’t remember the last game I didn’t register (although, I can’t honestly say that each game I have has been registered, either). I’ve never received any mail/email from anyone unless it’s a specific newsletter that I’ve asked to receive, and a few have granted me forum access (like, say, The Witcher). So, while it doesn’t appear to offer me much that is useful, it also doesn’t appear to be a detriment. No worse than signing up for a forum somewhere.

I don’t register. Waste of time, and forums with registering as a barrier to entry are likely to have less content with no increase in quality.

I rarely bother registering hardware even. If productivity software reduces the registration to “click here to submit your registration” (and it’s actually finished, or nearly so, when you click there) then I’ll do it. Games? Not yet.

When I bought my last car. I noticed it had a “chrome like” thing that was the dealers name on the trunk lid.

I asked them how much were they going to reimburse me for advertising for them. When they said $0 I made them remove that thing and touch up the paint.

Zep–

What, so they can add me to their fookin’ advertisement mailing list? Hells no!

No. I think I only did for NWN and its expansions, or at least I linked my game key with my online account. Saved my ass a couple of times since you can always access the CD key via their web site.

Modern PC games though, I will always purchase via download if the option is there, whether its via Steam or the EA downloader. Buying the game through either of those services is essentially akin to registering, and is one reason why the question is increasingly irrelevant.

Ill register the first time I install a game if there a popup. But never again, and the damn things just keep popping up. Pick never and its like, “ok see you in two weeks!”

What game does this these days? In my experience they’ve been trending in the opposite direction, usually only asking after you install and sometimes never at all.

Nwn2? It was somthing in the last six months.

Not really. Don’t get around to it,

I’m in the “only if I have to” camp. I just don’t see the need to register. I have a feeling they’re only counting on the people who forget to uncheck the “spam my email box with crap from 3rd parties” box. I doubt they care about anyone else.

I never register. I don’t see what’s in it for me.

Now as a first time Nintendo owner this freebie stuff has me intriqued, but correct me if I’m wrong, it’s for US or Japanese customers only, right?

To clarify my no vote. I used to. Now I don’t.

I don’t register games because it leads to spam, and there’s no upside for me. I don’t have time to post on multiple message boards anyhow.

Looks like the Club Nintendo stuff is now available in North America. (Canadian members have to go through the US site for now, it seems.)

It didn’t transfer over any of my previously registered games though, so now I have to see if I actually kept any of those damn slips of paper… (Edit: Ah, it was probably because I couldn’t remember what email address I originally registered with; it has to match) It also looks like you have to do a survey for each game as well, not just register them.

Edit edit: Ugh, the site is glitchy as hell right now. I went back and properly migrated my old account, but it didn’t take the first time and I had to do it again. But it still doesn’t recognize my previous registrations, and randomly dumps me back out to the login screen. Edit^3: And now it’s prompting me to go through the transfer process again!

I’ll register with an email address i have set up for such things if i get an advantage out of it.

I answered no, though I suppose if a game presented a slick and easy registration process while it installed, I might fill it out to pass the time.