Do you wear a kilt?

Just wondering.

No, but I worked with a guy that did. He wore it every now and then to work.

He also wore the full suit thing on his final day. It was awesome.

Being Scottish and a clansman (Clan Davidson) I own and occasionally wear a kilt.

I also do quite a bit of re-enactment that requires wearing various kilt-like garments.

I also own and occasionally wear one. I get lots of comments with a mohawk and a kilt. They are quite comfortable

Does just wearing a plaid skirt with no underwear count?

-Tom

If it does I better change my answer.

I’m an Irishman and I wear my kilt (County Cork) to weddings and funerals and sometimes socially.

Wore it just this weekend to a wedding.

My son has and does wear a kilt now and then. He also plays the bagpipe!

I didn’t realise there were county based kilts? I thought it was all based on familial lines.

That being said, my family does have a pattern and I’m entitled to wear it. Never have done though, and I don’t think my father or grandfather have either.

Do you “inherit” kilts from mothers or fathers side?

I occasionally run into people wearing utilikilts. I want to stab these people. Unless you’re of the appropriate ethnicity and at an event where traditional garb is appropriate or requested, wearing a kilt isn’t appropriate.

There’s a few guys here at work that were utilikilts fairly regularly. There’s also a non-trivial number of crossdressers, transgender folks, etc… I’ve pretty much stopped noticing all but the most “look at me!” things of that nature except in passing.

I’ve never worn a kilt, myself, though. No particular reason why that I can think of. Just not my fashion style of choice.

I used to have a kilt and wore it to certain events and such. I liked it a lot, but it was old (inherited) and eventually fell apart.

To me, if Nathan Fillion wore one, then they’re cool by me. ;)

Where do you run into people wearing utilikilts?

I’m not against the utilikilt per se, but the only person I know personally who actually wears one also tends not to shower and all I think of is this. (knda NSFW)

Something something kilt wears you.

If you’re wearing a kilt and not carrying:

• bagpipes
  • a caber
  • a big-ass sword

Then you’re just a man in a dress.

kerzain take those toe mirrors off you scamp