Do you wear a kilt?

Kilts are fine if you’re legit Scottish/Irish. Utilikilts are never fine. Ever.

The sandals really complete the “topless schoolgirl” look there.

I bet they snagged them off the cheerleader’s laundry line.

NYC really isn’t that progressive/crazy of a town. There are pockets but even they are getting squeezed out. Though I hardly consider wearing a kilt or being transgendered crazy.

Next on Quarter to Runway: Great Kilts are manly, other Kilts are up-jumped skirts. Discuss.

Now I’m tempted to go get a kilt in the Macalester* tartan and parade around in Minneapolis until Chris Gwinn is offended.

• Spelled that way on purpose. Go Mac!

Annoying me is no great accomplishment… But it’s lovely weather today.

I have an argentinean friend who wears his kilts all the time in Honduras, which is a feat in itself really. To 99.9999% of people here, he IS a man in a dress.

I think it looks cool and I figure it must be fresh, and considering how hot it gets here, why not? gonna get me a few.

There’s a guy I’ve met who likes the same band I does and shows up at the same shows I do, and he wears a black utilikilt with a black button-down shirt and black Docs. He has a wallet chain and a wide, studded watch band, both of which are obvious overcompensation for the kilt. He rides that VERY fine line between cool and ridiculous.

If one wears a kilt, is one required to go commando?

Heh! That’s news to me. And I know Kinsale well, sailed out of it every weekend for a year (the boats in Crosshaven now.) I was born in Cork and spent all my life in Cork, and my family have spent the last x hundred years in Cork. (Bar one set of great-grandparents who were American). Quite proud of the area too. Have you ever been here or do you have plans to visit? Kinsale is absolutely beautiful, especially on a warm summers day. Go for a day trip to see the coastline from a boat as well, amazing wildlife and the Cork and general South West coastline of Ireland is one of the best sailing destinations in the world.

But yeah, it’s a surprise to me that there’s a Cork tartan. I had never heard of it. I guess I’m entitled to wear two tartans then, the Cork one and my Familial one.

but they ARE cool! :P

Depends on if you’re planning to drop the kilt and charge English gunfire naked or not.

Well, I’m sure not going to do it in tighty-whiteys. That’d just look silly.

You know, I bought a fedora in university – before the hipsters claimed it for themselves, I’ll have you know – and everybody loved it.

Especially the septua- and octogenarians who would come up to me in the street and tell me how much I reminded them of their high school sweetheart.

Obviously this means now is the time to bring back the derby.

The fez!

Sorry Doctor but Fezes are not cool.

I’m Scottish.

I don’t wear a kilt, but I have been known to wear a hat.

The fez maker at work:

Best fez wearer;