Doctor Who: 2007

She quit. But to be honest, the timing worked okay. The second series makes her family and friends much less enjoyable, she gets a good story arc, and her tenure ends on a high.

But I do find myself missing the family in this season… It’s just not feeling grounded in the same way.

Well next week seems to involve her family, so that may change.

Crap. I meant ‘more’. They stop being so irritating, and Mickey actually becomes an okay character.

Well, now … the trailer for the latter half of the season was neat.

obWhoTrivia: the gentleman who played Lazarus, Mark Gatiss, was the writer for the first season’s The Unquiet Dead and second season’s The Idiot’s Lantern.

Well, now … the trailer for the latter half of the season was neat.

obWhoTrivia: the gentleman who played Lazarus, Mark Gatiss, was the writer for the first season’s The Unquiet Dead and second season’s The Idiot’s Lantern.

You’d think they could just nip back a couple of weeks in the TARDIS.

So… no response to this week’s episode?

It felt like it was on autopilot… So has most of the season.

Some of us are still downloading this week’s episode. :P

I thought it was a fun episode. Bit of a let-down because I was led to believe we’d learn more about the mysterious Mr. Saxon, but still fun, and I was glad to see more of Martha’s family. Plus Martha’s finally an official companion.

Not a great episode, but at least much better then the two previous ones.

I still think the whole season has been better than last year’s though. The shoutouts to the 3rd Doctor, and Spinal Tap were amusing.

“I need to turn this one up to 11!”

Ah… now the Tuxedo thing makes sense…

Nah, the Tuxedo thing was a reference to Rise of the Cybermen. The 3rd doctor reference was when he talked about being out of practice in regards to reversing the polarity of something. :P (The 3rd Doctor was always reversing the polarity of the neutron flow.)

Ah… now the polarity thing makes sense…

Yeah, my damned ISP severely restricts torrent traffic, so just saw it as well.

Thought it was decent - much better than the past few episoides, but still not as good as it could be. I thought this season was off to such a good start with the first couple episodes, but it’s been disappointing since. Liked the polarity reference, heh…and the “warnings” given about the Doctor scenes.

Looking forward to Captain Jack’s return - I really liked the character in the first season, and although that impression was diminished by Torchwood, I still think it’ll be cool to have him back.

Alright, who do you folks think Mr Saxon is?

I’m betting he’s The Master.

My bets are on The Meddling Monk, K’anpo Rimpoche, Salyavin or Drax.

Okay, not really.

It really could be any number of people. One thing is certain, it seems he knows who the Doctor is.