Doctor Who: Jodie Whittaker, Thirteenth Doctor

Somehow I missed the matching pillowcases on the previous photo lol…$30 seems like a good deal.

I would have killed for this 40 years ago. I still remember being devastated when my mother threw out my prized “Planet of the Apes” underwear…

David Tennant has been doing a podcast, and all the episodes have been delightful, but it’s especially good this week: he’s talking to Jodie Whittaker.

Edit: Oh, and next week will be Ian McKellen!

Ohhh, thanks for the reminder that I need to listen to this.

Interesting if true. I sorta miss the multi-episode stories.

Frankly, the wife and I have up on last season after 3 episodes. The writing was just awful.

Same here. Doctor Who has always had a kind of charming badness to the effects, but usually solid writing. It seems like as the effects have gotten better, the writing has declined pretty dramatically.

Yep, I also gave up on the show. Almost made it through though, think I’m missing the last 3 episodes?

It’s true, and it’s infuriating because Jodie Whitaker is pretty great in the role. It reminds me of the first few Capaldi seasons, taking someone that plays the part well and giving them absolutely nothing to work with. If this doctor follows form, she’ll finally get some good material right around when she decides to move on.

I am not sure how they can make me love the show again. They took a risk with new writers/showrunner and they have too many companions.

Its gotta be better than last season right?

I enjoyed last season, but it certainly wasn’t as good as Capaldi’s. I’m hoping for improvements!

I want that to be Kevin Kline at :20.

I’m always happy to see Stephen Fry in any capacity.

I’m with you there! I have to imagine he’s been on Doctor Who before?

Not that I’ve seen.

Man, I guess I’m the odd man out in that last season was actually my favorite. I love Jodie Whitaker, love all of the companions and thought it was the best written season in the new era.

Same here. I’m surprised the series doesn’t get more love. During the time with the 11th Doctor and the first season with Capaldi I was more and more disappointed. The Doctor became more and more a messiah which didn’t work so well for me. I like the new more playful Doctor, and the very touching episodes (like the one with Rosa Parks or the India/Pakistan episode). And there is a touch of “old” Doctor like in the Kablam episode.

I like Jodie Whittaker, I love the new companions, and I thought this last season was pretty good (but not great) overall.

That said, the New Year’s Day episode was one of the best Doctor Who episodes I’ve seen in a long, long time.

I also had a blast with it; great start to what I hope is a wonderful season

I concur – the New Year’s two-parter was really good, and I hope the setup for this season will allow Jodie to explore the Doctor’s darker sides.