Doctor Who: The Capaldi thread

And Capaldi is done, leaving at the same time as Moffat.

I’m not sure it was really a shock though.

I am super upset about this. I love Capaldi.

Yeah he has been good, and really hit his stride last season. Which was like 2 freaking years ago!

I wonder if next we could have a female doctor? :O

Hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahah

Oh, you’re serious. As much as I would love that, they would likely never let it actually happen.

But if they did, it better be fucking Helen Mirren.

Hayley Atwell will be out of a job soon, no way her current show is getting renewed, just imagine her as The Doctor! ;)

Not old enough. It’s gotta be someone like Helen Mirren or Helena Bonham Carter. At the youngest. The Doctor is at their best when they’re older and a bit of an asshole. Missy knocked it out of the park on both counts.

The good news is society will have caught up by the time Emma Watson has aged into the role.

Jason Statham!

Damn. I liked Tennant and Smith fine, but Capaldi was perfect.

I’m pretty broken up about this–Capaldi is the clear second place to the incomparable Eccleston in the modern Doctors in my book–but one upside is that my girlfriend will finally watch DW with me again, as she LOATHES him. Which has really sucked, as binging the show together a couple of times a few years ago was actually one of the best experiences in “mutually enjoying a Thing together” we’ve had in ages, and I’ve really missed that.

It was pretty inevitable. No modern Doctor has gone for more than three seasons.

I’d be okay with this pick.

Is Idris Elbe looking for work? He could be the most bad-ass Doctor ever. His companion could be a tennis ball with a smiley face drawn on it in sharpie and I’d still watch every damn week.

Certainly would be amusing to watch him constantly running away from things. They might have to scale the Daleks up.

If we’re voting for new Doctors, I say Liam Neeson.

The Doctor: I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have Kaleds. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for daleks like you. If you let my companion go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
Dalek: [after a long pause] Good (Exterminate!) luck.

Anyone else see The Pilot? I very much liked it. It’s gonna be a good season, Capaldi and Mackie have great chemistry.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/doctor-who/full-episodes/season-10/episode-01-the-pilot

The lead up to “its bigger on the inside” was so good.

Also this twitter is pretty fantastic!

https://twitter.com/TheDoctorPuppet

I also really enjoyed The Pilot. Kinda reinforced my view that Clara ruined everything recently. ;-)

Also this comment was so good.

> First you have to imagine a big box inside a little box. Then you have to build it. It’s the second part most people have trouble with.

@BrianRubin , awweee come on , Clara wasn’t that bad.

Not at first, but like Rose she was waaahaahaay overused.

Honestly, I think the showrunners/writers (which varied - this isn’t all at Moffat’s feet) didn’t quite know what to do with her at times. She seemed game for whatever and handled the role as well as she could, but I believe they got boxed in occasionally. (sorry, couldn’t resist the pun)

That said, the best episode of Capaldi’s (imho) was Heaven Sent … which she didn’t appear in.

I thought the first new episode was set up very nicely, looked like it was going to be dramatic and a great intro to the new companion. Then the last 15 minutes were just crap. Lets run this way. No, wait, let’s run that way. Oh wait, the monster isn’t a monster anyway, it just needs love.

Blech.