Doctor Who: The Capaldi thread

Please please please don’t resolve this story arc with the Power of Love or Friendship is Magic. Please oh please. Because this episode was amazing.

Because I’m a NuWhovian and don’t know my history: Was the true origin story never really known? Or did they throw away the past and retcon everything?

Missy going around calling herself “Doctor Who” was genius. And the tea guy was hilarious. “What horror?” “Mostly the tea”. Don’t screw up the next episode!!!

This is pretty spot-on for their origin story.

It appears there’s about 4 different origin stories! Good ol’ Doctor Who.

ps, check out the images in the costume section!

So the finale was 80%-90% awesome, but dear god the whole Bill resolution suuuucked.

Magic puddle girl swoops in and can do anything, except, you know, prevent the doctor from regenerating or get Nardole off the ship or pull the ship out of the event horizon. Gah! Good thing she’s cute as heck.

[spoiler]They should have just had Bill carry the Doctor back to the TARDIS and then collapse backwards out of the door to meet magical Deus Ex Machina puddle girl. Or just had Bill press the ‘explode the entire deck’ button.

Is Nardole now stranded on the ship, seeing as the TARDIS can’t pin point his location?

Ps I read yesterday that Bill and puddle girl are named after William Hartnell and his wife
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I liked puddle girl (Heather) and the fact that she came to the rescue. Her apparent list of powers seemed a little far reaching and that slightly cheapened it, but we got such little time with her that we obviously didn’t get the “whole story” behind that. Just one quick scene with her struggling to save Bill instead of making it seem a simple flick of the wrist would have resolved my only complaint.

The episode was overall awesome, imho, and I love how Missy/Master was resolved. And yeah, Nardole is seemingly stuck for the time being and the threat from the Cybermen is still there as far as I can tell.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I have a suspicion that Bill is DEAD and a GHOST and so is puddle girl, and all of that “saving Dr. Who” business is all in the dead-world and in reality the Doctor is lying in a pool of ash and regenerating.

Which also means the Christmas episode is all in Bill’s GHOST head?
[/spoiler]

Neat, that would redeem all the stupid from the episode if true. Hence why it won’t be true.

So…

Bill is “alive” and not a cyberman. Missy is dead and in the end sort of redeemed herself and the Doctor doesn’t know any of this. I loved the throwbacks to other regens that Capaldi was throwing out.

I’m bummed he’s leaving. I found him interesting and wish he had gotten some better episodes. This season was by far his best, but for the most part his episodes were terrible. “Heaven Sent” and this finale being a couple of the exceptions.

I enjoyed the 2 part finale, also this appeared online today:

The Husbands of River Song was probably my favorite Capaldi episode. :)

Jodie Whittaker it is. Good choice I think.

Agreed, very good choice.

Excited to see her as the next Doctor, although I wonder how many more complaints will be filling the comments sections everywhere with how “wrong” a female Doctor is.

I would have preferred Tamsin Greig

I like the pick, can’t wait for next year.

Also I feel old now, as the doctor they picked is younger than I am. :|

And searching IMDB, I haven’t seen her in anything I watch.

Also she looks lovely as a blond. :)

I love Jodie Whitaker.

Well it’s the Internet, it will probably be a close race between the misogynists and the people furious the Doctor is still white.

lol - true enough

You actually nailed it on the head.