Doctor Who: The Capaldi thread

Well as long as you’ve given it a fair shot…

;)

That’s why I’m asking. I don’t want to watch three seasons if I’m not going to like it, to keep seeing if I like it better.

I loved that episode. So. Much.

I had too much spare time on my hands so decided to pop out of lurking to make fun of that posters coat fetish , sorry guy , but yeah in all the years of “It’s bigger on the inside” I don’t know if that’s the first time it was ever switched around .
Even though the quality of the show can be all over the place it still has it’s moments .

So… its a different look for sure, perhaps a bit too relaxed.

Guess we will need a new thread after the Christmas special.

A bit too Orkan.

???

11-9-2017 11-47-11 AM

The more I look at it, the more I like it.

Shazbot, you don’t know our favorite Orkan from Mork and Mindy?

The high pants, suspenders, rainbow stripe.

:O

I have forgotten everything!

Quick someone create a new thread for the new Doctor. LOVED this Christmas episode so much.

It was certainly better than the usual Christmas bollocks. Not entirely sure about it, though. Still, looking forward to seeing what direction they take with the new Doctor and companion.

V Shame about Capaldi’s run. He was absolutely terrific, but so many of the scripts were just terrible that the show lost my wife and son, and I just caught up on the season in the last couple weeks. Christmas special was fun, and Capaldi‘s performance makes me wish he’d stuck around for a little while longer so we could have seen if the new showrunner could have given him better material to work with.

The stories have gotten stupid-convoluted and nonsensical. Hoping we go a little bit back to basics of the Tennant era with Whitaker.

God yeah man. Capaldi has replaced Eccleston as my favorite Doctor, but there’s been a lot of dreck. But like Eccleston, he also got some of the very best episodes, including his last couple of finales and this Xmas episode, which was excellent. I’m very sad to see him go. Looking forward to what comes next, sure, but really gonna miss this guy.

It was very bittersweet seeing the departure of his supporting cast, as well, including Missy in the finale. I thought they were all fantastic. And having the First Doctor back from that TV movie about the making of the show was awesome, though I think there were a few too many jokes at the expense of his fuddy duddiness and outdated views. Felt a little disrespectful.

I watched the first few episodes of the latest season and they were not great. Which ones, if any, should I watch before the Xmas special?

The last two at the end of the season. They set up the Xmas special and wrap Bill’s story.

I might have shed a tear with the small Clara part.