Doctor Who: The Capaldi thread

I hope this comes to a streaming service some time before I forget about it.

One of the best-written Dr. Who episodes in a LONG time. The plot actually made sense mostly, and the Christmas part was indeed a bit tear-producing. They gave him too long a “final bow” but otherwise it was quite good.

Finally made time to watch the Christmas special, and it was fantastic. Farewell number 12. Wonder if 13 will get a new Tardis interior?

Wow, that xmas episode was amazing. I got all teared up at points. And finding someone that looks so close to the original Doctor? That was phenomenal.

It doesn’t show so much in the picture above, but in the brief bits she was in this episode, the new Doctor looks like a female Tennant. She even said ‘Brilliant’ the same way. And tying it to Mork above is wonderful too. High hopes.

There is a movie you should watch. :)

Yet another Broadchurch alumni so they didn’t need to look far. ;)

There’s only so many British TV actors. We watch only a fraction of the Brit TV output, but we have fun playing “hey, that’s so-and-so from such-and-such!”

Well just watched the last three episodes and the Xmas special, just didn’t click for me and shame on Moffat for an erection joke in doctor who.

Not sure I will continue to watch this even though I have been a huge fan for 30 years. It will probably be remembered more fondly this way.

Yeah, I’m out too, and I’ve been watching since the Jon Pertwee years were broadcast in NA over 40 years ago.

If the new showrunner gets raves I’ll reconsider after the season and I’ll maybe check in on any future christmas special because that’s one fun tradition that the relaunch started.

So hey, sorry for the resurrect, thought this was the best place for this, but the recent special got me hankering to revisit my favorite Doctor, Peter Capaldi, and I just saw that iTunes has ALL of the Capaldi stuff for $19.99, which seems to be an insane deal.

Seriously, though, Newton as African decended?

I just saw Capaldi and $19.99 and got all excited thinking it was on Blu Ray!

Oh well. Did see it was also $19.99 on Amazon on DVD:

https://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-Peter-Capaldi-Collection/dp/B07FDLB8BY/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3UUV3E065M5OD&keywords=doctor+who+capaldi&qid=1701878629&refinements=p_n_format_browse-bin%3A2650304011&rnid=2650303011&s=movies-tv&sprefix=doctor+who+capaldi%2Caps%2C99&sr=1-1

Holy shit, NINE disks for $19.99? That might be an even better deal.