Does anyone know what happened to Vic Davis?

I’ve read a famous book or two by Vance, but none of his early stuff. I did just finish Glen Cook’s first book a while back. Wow, it was pretty rough. I love his later work.

I was definitely inspired by Glen Cook’s Black Company books when I put in some of the mercenary company aspects of the story. She is the Darkness is one of my favorites.

$0.99 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Send-Your-Armies-Pilgrims-Path-ebook/dp/B083HQK698/

Bought!!!

Did he ever release a patch for the book and fix his math!?

Boughtenated!

The patch is still in beta.

You don’t see a lot of books written in Adobe Director these days.

But seriously, congrats to Vic!

@Vic_Davis Vic, can we ever get the soundtrack to Six Gun Saga released separately? It is seriously one of my favourite soundtracks ever that I will boot up the game just to have it playing.

Yep, I corrected the bad prime sequence and the missing 2 in the Fibonacci sequence. I’ve come across some other typos but waiting to get them all together to fix. It’s amazing how some things slip through but at least you don’t get an unexpected error message. :)

As a general note, if you read it and like it more than 3 out of 5 (just joking) then please think about leaving a review. It would be a great help. Also up on good reads now which is nice.

Working away on the second book. Might have it out by May. It’s definitely The Two Towers or Empire Strikes Back middle book in the series.

You made me spit my coffee out. But seriously, it is so true. I have a Samsung S4 for a phone. :)

I would probably write in HTML because that’s what I’m most familiar with, and fighting MS Word formatting is a constant battle. I guess if you don’t have charts, tables or illustrations (i.e. research papers) it doesn’t matter as much.

Not available in Amazon Brazil, alas, and Amazon won’t let me buy it on Amazon US… :(

Sorry about this. I’ve sent the KDP people an email asking about this. It seems you can’t buy the book in a lot of countries and I don’t really know why. Hopefully they can sort this out.

No need to be sorry. I’m kind of used to that. ;)

I watched a movie today called The 2nd, in which a Supreme Court justice is writing a decision on the Court’s ruling that the 2nd Amendment is unconstitutional. But the traitorous director of the CIA abducts the judge’s daughter so he can blackmail the judge into changing the ruling. I wasn’t paying close enough attention to discern why the director of the CIA would care. I guess he’s just a hardcore originalist?

However, the evil CIA director’s plan is foiled when a former Delta Force Green Beret, played by Ryan Phillippe, is picking up his son from school where the judge’s daughter is about to get abducted! He won’t allow for this terrorist plot, so viewers are treated to Die Hard in a college dorm.

Will Die Hard For Food

It’s a terrible movie, as you might imagine. I have no idea what’s up with Phillippe’s career that he’s not only in this movie, but he ponied up money to produce it. It’s got Casper van Dien as the main villain, which gives you some idea of how far Phillippe has fallen.

Because they’re going for a Die Hard vibe, Phillippe’s character’s name is frequently referenced, such as in this scene when the bad guys are looking up his secret dossier:

No Mr Davis I Expect You To Die

So it’s kind of funny to hear people talking to and about him. The movie has a cliff-hanger ending where a bunch of bad guys show up while Vic Davis is visiting his son at the hospital where the young Davis is recovering from the minor wounds he sustained during all the Die Harding in the college dorm. This new set of bad guys has kidnapped Vic Davis’ wife to take revenge on him for some indeterminate past deed. Now they’re surrounding him and they’re about to take him down. They’re sneering and looking tough and saying stuff like “Now you’re gonna get it, Vic Davis!” Phillippe assumes a grim look, and then suddenly does a roundhouse kick into a bad guy’s chest, at which point the credits roll while a raucous generic rock soundtrack rocks out. The message seems to be: “Stay tuned for The 2nd 2: Amend Harder!” I hope this turns into a series with at least as many movies as the Die Hard franchise because Vic Davis is the kind of name that deserves to have action movies happen around it.

-Tom

That is quite the unexpected turn for a thread. Bravo. Also, Vic Davis is clearly a badass along with a moonlighting script writer.

What OS is on that screen? (I wonder this in every movie with fake operating systems.)

It’s a long way down from Way of the Gun.

If he replied “send us your armies!”, that would be spooky.

I wonder if @Vic_Davis saw this yet? ;)

captainamericaigotthatreference.gif

https://www.amazon.com/Send-Your-Armies-Pilgrims-Path-ebook/dp/B083HQK698/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1

-Tom