Does everyone hate The Big Bang Theory?

The interior of California is very red while the coastal is very blue. And since they were headed to Bakersfield they were very much in the interior and driving through and pass smaller cities and farming towns.

I used to not mind the show but as I seen more and more episodes I have come to hate this show more and more as I randomly catch an episode here and there.

Totes duder!! :-)

What possible reason could you have for doing this? Short of someone saying, “You know, Hitler had some really great ideas…,” I can’t think of anyone’s opinion that would lead to a thirty-minute rant where I shit all over something they enjoy. I can’t imagine why you would treat a stranger that way, much less a friend. Honestly, you may want to seek professional help. Or realize that other people are human beings with feelings, and reconsider how important it is to you that someone else not enjoy something that you hate.

You’re over analyzing this. It’s exactly the type of thing Sheldon would do.

Dear God, you’re right-- having someone make an innocuous statement that triggers a tirade of why their opinion is wrong is EXACTLY what Sheldon does in pretty much every episode.

I’ve become that which I hate.

Bakersfield the home of Merle Haggard, Buck Owens, this is not your typical CA town. Oil fields and country music :)

My wife and I are right there with you.

We only discovered BBT relatively recently (bought the 5 seasons boxset on sale last year after my teenage kids kept raving about it) and we’re halfway through season 3 (just past an episode with Stan Lee).

And we really enjoy it. Sheldon is a great character and the actor playing him is thoroughly convincing. Sure, there are hit and miss moments. But, overall, we get a lot of laughs out of it. Guest stars like Will Wheaton are great too.

We don’t watch too many episodes at a time to avoid getting burned out on the show. But we enjoy those BBT sessions.

So you are not alone swimming against the tide. :)

Wendelius

Im surprised that BBT is surviving. Many of the jokes go completely over the heads of people I know.

I want to write the show though. I have some jokes Id like to see them put in.

Such as?

Odd, that was the only BBT episode I could tolerate, and thought it was a classic, right up there with the D&D Community episode.

Ouch.

I would love to hear farm-girl penny tell Sheldon “Not sure if the cat is alive or dead until he opens the box? Obviously Shroder never tried to put a cat in a box.” (yes I know the name is wrong)

For some reason I also love a blending of the old stupid test question “What is the difference between a duck” and “Schrodinger’s Cat” to see Sheldons wonderful confused look that he makes if Panny asked him “What is the difference between Schrodinger’s duck?”

Sheldon: “People dont understand basic math. 95% of people will say they are below average computer users. 95% of people will say they are above average drivers. And over 50% of people will see no problem with those statements.”
(that last sentence could probably be made funnier)

“Quantum Theory is the Satan of Science. He shall know your scriptures and use them against you.”

So a friend gave me season 1 on dvd and I have to say I am maybe 15 episodes in ( just saw the one where Sheldon is sick) and its really grown on me. I’ll give a better opinion when I finish the first season, but at this point I can see myself wanting to watch season 2. :)

I know someone in real life that gets pretty close to Sheldon’s level of helplessness when sick.

Yeah, I have to admit that the more of this I’ve watched the more I’ve grown to enjoy it. Any episode with Wil Wheaton in it is pure gold. Many other nerd-centric guests pop up in various episodes as well. While the main gist of the comedy is certainly poking fun AT the main charcters, there is an undercurrent of geek in-jokes, references and comedy that allows you to laugh WITH the main characters nearly as often.

My opinion is that while it’s not the best comedy on TV, it is one of the better ones, especially for people who are into gaming, comic and geek culture.

I have noticed a number of posters on certain forums not to be mentioned who are very Sheldon like. They are very smart, but they truly lack social skills.

My wife and I are BBT fans, her more than me probably. I think the show has probably jumped the shark but there are still moments of great hilarity.

The wife and I both thought that the season premier sucked. But the second episode was kinda funny. I still love Sheldon.

I have watched only a few episodes but I loved the one where they go back to the roommate interview and how they met.

Just finished up season 4, its a really funny show, and I am glad I am catching up while its still on TV. Penny and Raj in the last episode of season 4 was too funny!

Hate the show

Yay you!

Last season’s episode where they play D&D was pretty funny. Simon Helberg is great at celebrity impressions, and using them in a D&D campaign is just awesome.