Does everyone hate The Big Bang Theory?

Pretty much agree here. While the pairing up messed with the timing, I think the new baby will be the final kiss of death.

I am big fan of the show and still thoroughly enjoy it… but having the baby cry like Howard’s mom is pretty stupid.

Oh man, you just spoiled the season for me. :)

We DVR it and have only watched a couple so far this year.

They’re going straight to series with the spinoff of Young Sheldon.

I really enjoy the Big Bang Theory even though occasionally an episode falls flat. The idea of watching a Young Sheldon, as in kid form Sheldon, sounds like hell to me.

Makes sense. Fish-out-of-water/nerdy-little-kid + family sitcom + established, popular character = safe money for a season or two at least. They don’t have a lot of time, though. Didn’t Sheldon go off to college when he was 11?

Oh, they’ll play it safe and lovable. Being Sheldon in Texas would be hellish indeed, but I can’t imagine they’ll do anything interesting with it.

Having Parsons narrate will certainly be the main draw for some viewers. I’ll watch the first couple shows from sheer curiosity, but it doesn’t sound like something I’d enjoy. I don’t like shows about kids.

Same here. I hate children and puppies. Also kittens.

Woah there. Puppies?

I don’t even watch this, but I happened to skim the thread, and amen. Ugh, kids are the worst.

Kittens are great, though. @abidingdude is clearly insane!

I’ve been trying to think of a kid centric TV show that I enjoyed since I left elementary school. All I can come up with is Malcom in the Middle. And I mainly watched for the parents. Jane Kaczmarek was so hot.

Yeah, the family sitcom isn’t my thing either. But I thought Modern Family was fun. Haven’t seen much of the last few seasons, though.

One of the things I enjoyed about it was the sense that the writers secretly hated the characters they were working with.

Modern family does the kids pretty well, except that last one… he’s not growing on me at all.

I don’t hate this show. It’s perfect in the role of “show you flip to when the show you’re watching goes to commercial.” It’s sufficiently formulaic that it works fine in three-minute chunks :)

So it’s the Halo of sitcoms?

I don’t watch the show when it airs, only in repeats on TBS and usually when I have 30 minutes to kill waiting to do or watch something else, while cleaning or whatever. I find it entertaining, with some good geek culture references, and it makes me laugh fairly often. It has certainly helped to bring geek culture more into the mainstream. If you only watch a couple of episodes it’s easy to think the show is all about making fun of it’s main characters and geek culture, but in reality it’s about getting you to care for the characters while celebrating geek culture.

All that said, the Sheldon spin-off sounds terrible. BBT works because it’s an ensemble cast that play very well off one another. This new show? No.

That is too innovative.

Halo 3, maybe. A few iterations deep.

I agree. The new show will probably be every bit as successful as that Seinfeld spin-off starring Kramer as a wacky detective.

The Adventures of Pete and Pete.

All time great show for any age.

What I’ve seen of TBBT I just haven’t found funny but that gif made me laugh, Rory. Four years later.