Does Gamestop have a future?

Different stores, different quality.

Here we go again…

Nice scam by someone, doubt they won’t get caught.

At this point I neither understand this or care about it. No disrespect, Perky. :) It just seems to me that the stock market is a crapshoot. But I would prefer to play craps. I’ve actually won money there.

I mean, yeah, it makes no sense other than as someone manipulating someone else.

For Day Trading, pretty much. For buy and hold on companies you understand… not as much.

Made it al the way to $142.32 in after-hours. Gonna be a wild ride tomorrow!

Hertz, the original Gamestonk, is not going well for the idiots who bought into it when it was already bankrupt and predicting zero return for shareholders.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-02/hertz-the-original-meme-stock-is-turning-out-to-be-worthless

My guess is anyone still holding Hertz already lost a ton of money and were hoping for a minor pop to lessen their loss or just bought in for cheap because you never know.

Of course there is a ton of posts on WSB of people who claim not to care about making money. It’s difficult to know what to take seriously over there.

They placed new shares while they were bankrupt.

Sure, but those people who bought it could have already gotten out. They haven’t been talking about Hertz over there for a couple of months, at least nothing major. Heck, I have seen posts outside of WSB on GME of people just trying to make some money off the craze (and losing), this is way bigger than WSB at this point.

Some people may have, but $29m worth of people didn’t. That was a pure value transfer to the creditors.

Well, yeah, the stupid Hertz action was in early to mid-2020.

They could’ve been betting it was too big to fail. It wasn’t.

GME soared back to 350 this morning. Already dipped to 250 tho. Anything new going on?

Just Roaring Kitty and his army doing their thing.

Did people not pull out of their shorts when the price dropped? Kinda stupid if they didn’t.

paging @John_Many_Jars

It’s day trading, don’t try to understand it.

Wise money is probably to short it. The WSB guys can’t keep this up forever. Just predicting the time frame is the hard part.

The fact that people keep shorting it is why this is continuing. At this point I’d say don’t touch it. It could go either way.

Unless GameStop improves it situation, don’t fundamentals have to kick back in at some point? They are going to run out of buyers eventually.

I wouldn’t touch it either way, this feels way too risky for my blood. Plus, I know from past trading, as soon I bought in, it would crash.