Does Starcraft II really need Heart of the Swarm?

Starcraft 2 = stupid unit spam

This is really delayed, but...the campaign is about 85% of the reason why I play SC at all, as well as pretty much everyone I know. Multiplayer is fun every so often, but definitely not the main draw.

This review is bad and you should feel bad

Well, Blizzad behaviour is what is driving people from starcraft 2 back into Broodwar.

If you look at it, they are making sc2 more and more like broodwar everytime.

Maybe im just to old to accept new, but broodwar i can still enjoy overcoming the dificulty.
Sc2? Uninstalled.

I find this "review system" quite bothersome (and yes I realize I'm probably very late to this party). As someone who reviews video games professionally, I feel there should be a deeper system into determining a score than simply like or don't like. For example, I can't stand the grand theft auto games. However, despite those games not personally appealing to me, I can see the brilliance in their design and that they are mostly deserving of the praise they receive. Consequently, I don't feel a bad score is justifiable simply based on my dislike of said game.

Perhaps you feel differently (and apparently you do), but as you are a professional, I would expect you to be more professional than simply scoring based on your own tastes and not on actual merit.

Reviews for Starcraft should never mention the word Campaign because it is irrelevant. I get it, casuals play the campaign, but nobody cares what they think because they aren't in it for the long haul. I'm a diamond league player and I find the new units to be lacking in variety as well as not enough to justify an expansion. I will not purchase this nor any other expansion for StarCraft, hell I don't even play it anymore because Blizzard is such a joke these days.

You are quite obviously not a strategy gamer and should refrain from reviewing any more strategy games, because you're fucking retarded. That is all.

haha look at all the butthurt morons who can't think critically about videogames. For people who grew up on Starcraft 1 and played religiously in ladders. SC2 and it's expansions are the biggest let down in history.

1) They butchered the story
2) They casualized the fuck out of everything so retards could play it.
3) They dumbed down the units and story
4) The gameplay is stagnant, no innovation

You harvest crystals, build your units throw them against other guy. No new ground is broken at all.

As someone who played top tier SC1 and SC2, I can safely say tom is correct. SC2 is a big pile of stagnant fail. It's the same rehashed RTS we've been playing before 1998 all the way back to Warcraft 1+2.

Only newbs and people too young to have grown up in the 80's would say SC2 is amazing because they have no friggin clue about all the games tha came before that they never played. So they are in no position to judge the quality of SC2 at all.

The level of bad storytelling never ceases to amaze me. They have MILLIONS of dollars and can't get 1 good writer? The original starcraft had talking heads and text and it was still 100 time more exciting than the big high budget cinemas Blizzard craps out today.

"Reviews for Starcraft should never mention the word Campaign because it
is irrelevant. I get it, casuals play the campaign, but nobody cares
what they think because they aren't in it for the long haul. I'm a
diamond league player and I find the new units to be lacking in variety
as well as not enough to justify an expansion."

Oooooooh! Lookit the big man! He's in Diamond league! He says it like it's somehow relevant to the issue of the games success. Get a grip man, you do realize that your 1v1 rank is completely useless in real life right?

I feel like swarm was a great game i enjoyed it and u shouldn't go with your opinion so i give it 5 STARS BITCHES ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DAFUQ YOU SAY??
" I don’t play Starcraft II skillfully enough to know what they accomplish in the overall picture."
Word for word. DONT RATE A GAME YOU DONT UNDERSTAND ASSHOLE

Great review. I recall SC 1 being about strategy, but now SC 2 is nothing but following directions. I'm not even sure why there are evolution missions when you never use them in the campaign—most of which is just amassing as many units as you can and pointing them in the direction of the enemy while you wait for the computer to do the math and lead you to victory...or not.