Does this story title give the twist away?

I’ve become enamored of writing short fiction that aims to do intriguing and unexpected things with source material one wouldn’t expect much of anything to be done with.

Anyway, I have a story done, and it’s packed with clues to the source material for those oldschoolers who might enjoy that kind of puzzle. And I very much like my title. It comes from one of the most meaningless, but iconic parts of the source material, but in the context of my story, it also refers to something personal and painful for the protagonist: the death of a family member, the wellspring of a lifelong sense of betrayal.

Spoiler space first, in case anyone might want to read it without participating in my “help me edit my story” thread :)

The title is “Such bravery.” Imagine you are a science ficiton/fantasy reader coming across this at random in a periodical or on the web. Would it tip you off to the source material?

I didn’t read the spoiler in hopes of reading the story first…
is there a link you wanted to add?

Not yet. Even though it’s not a big thing for the story in the end, I really want to get the “realization slope” just right to maximise old-school gamer nudge-nudge satisfaction, so I’m hoping this this thread will help revision.

for me:
“Such Bravery” = death, maybe robots

I immediately thought of Paranoia, but I can’t rightly say why.

Very cold. Good. I was worried it was too revealing.

Stay away from Google, you bastards.

Lemmings

• Alan

That’s an even better idea than my one. :)

Stay away from google, y’all. That evil thing makes this kind of game near-impossible.

space invaders?

The act of getting up in the morning, every morning, in the face of dull monotony.

No go on Lemmings, eh? Okay: Frogger

• Alan

Brave New World?

For some reason my brain is thinking that it’s something the Borg Queen said at one point or another.

Nothing more specific. And hell, that’s probably wrong. All I know is I hear someone who sounds like Alice Krige saying that in a breathy kind of voice.

Is it about the Brave Little Toaster?

OK, good, none even close. I’m either a monumental gaming nerd, or you are all monumental disappointments to gaming nerddom.

Will post story soon.

No.

If anything it sounds a little sarcastic to me.

ie, someone brings 6 friends and wants to start a fight with you over something stupid, and you say “wow, you’re so brave”.

Some guy dies while playing a Gauntlet machine?

Jakub is something of a spiritual winner, but its SlyFrog FTW.

Does anyone know of anything out there like this? I seem to recall a couple of things, but can’t find them now.

Gauntlet

I think I’d name it “Don’t shoot the food!” instead.