Dolores O'Riordan of The Cranberries RIP

Such a voice. What a terrible loss.

RIP. The Cranberries were one of the quintessential 90s bands, and hers one of the quintessential 90s voices.

What a shame. Used to listen to the Cranberries quite often when I was younger, she had such a crazy, wonderful voice. RIP.

This was quite a shock. So young.

In addition to the inescapable ‘Linger’ and ‘Dreams’ I listened a lot to the album ‘No Need to Argue’ when I was in college – especially ‘Ode to my Family,’ ‘Zombie,’ and ‘21.’

I thought this was really touching.

Side note: how f*cking great was every single moment of Alicia Silverstone’s performance as Cher in Clueless? I rewatched her brief reaction shot in this Cranberries montage three times it’s so perfect.

They released the cause of death, so sad.

Wow, how does that happen? Do you get so inebriated that your body’s ability to regurgitate fluid short-circuits or something?

Really sad. She was awesome.

She drowned in a bathtub after getting super drunk. Nothing to do with regurgitation as far as I can tell.

That article is kind of shitty:

Coroner Shirley Radcliffe told an inquest at Westminster Coroner’s Court that the cause of death was drowning due to alcohol intoxication after she became unconscious in the bath.

“There’s no evidence that this was anything other than an accident,” she said.

Oh, for some reason I thought she drowned on the drink. Never mind. =/

So sad. The world will miss her.

I just ran into the NPR Music Tiny Desk series (but through the TMBG one) Is it just me or is the music really crisp somehow?

edit: I just noticed the thread title. No disrespect meant.

Yes, you are correct. The audio is always impressive - it is clear, warm and manages to pick up all the subtleties of the music and voices. I love the series, it is a true gem. Some of my favorites:

Thanks! I wonder if it’s something with the acoustics, like there’s no echo or something? I am not an audio guy.

If anyone knows how to mic in an intimate space, it’s gotta be NPR.