Domina: a game made by a man who wants you to know he has a girlfriend

found it through a RPS review which was quite good. Basically you are running a ludus for your AI controlled gladiators. One major gripe so far: no save function.
Nice visceral (hehe) pixel graphics… So far my ludus survived 80 days.

No save=No buy.

Yeah if save is added, I’ll be all over this, looks fun and pixely.

I had heard on a podcast that the dev has heard the complaints about there being no save and it’s supposed to be in the works. This game has had pretty good exposure on Twitch the past couple weeks since it has chat integration where it will pull the names of channel Subs in the chat as the gladiator names and allows the chat to vote on whether a Gladiator lives/dies and give/take away money by cheering or booing at the end of each fight.

So the game was intended for the handful of people spending most of their lives playing online, but not the rest of us normal people? Interesting (and revealing, I’d say) choice.

Steam tag says action. Are the fights arcadey?

you can control a gladiator using mouse and keyboard, but it is hard to control so I leave it to the AI… also I disabled all twitch/facebook stuff, I don’t care for that. here is a good overview how it works

NSFW blurred image!!!

So this was how I felt last week, when the game was released without a save option…

Glorious news was announced yesterday! Saving has been added!

Wishlsted.

Thanks for the update. No save feature was the only thing preventing me from buying it.

I wish listed too that game seems terrific fun.

yeah, beware.

Save works like this: you play the game, and it will save the game state at the end of each game day. Just quit to desktop or main menu. When you start the game, you have to press the button “load crashed game” haha …
it will load the save. I think the dev will fix the label … I was a bit confused, but it works.

I didn’t play since I bought it because I could not force me to sit down to play it out for 2-3 hours… Now I am looking forward to go back to it

So I picked this up during todays sale, and its just fantastic. HIGHLY Recommended.

Developer has been updating this almost weekly!

Um… I’m a stranger, so I volunteer.

I picked this up and it’s fun so far. Some qs:

• Do you guys try to control your glads as much as possible, or leave it as a management game?
  • Do you have favourite employees? The medicus seems very useful as guys can heal without stopping training. I am not sure if the architect is worth it, although you can use him to build stuff and then replace him without losing the upgrades.
  • Is it just me or is it crazy to accept a 5v5 bill? The reward is the same as 1v1, except you’re def going to lose some dudes to it.

I leave fighting to the AI.
Armor dude is great for free upgrades and repairs. The spy? I forget his name, is great for pit fights to earn extra coin and to steal better gear.
I did a 5v5, not sure how the rewards scale as I am pretty new to the game. But it was fun to watch! I toss in some fodder , with crappy swords and no armor, to fill the ranks.

Right now my main champion is super OP with the best gear and most stats over 90, he got a random card drop that gives him 0-500% more damage. The last fight he was in he swung his sword 1 time, for over 900 damage, and decapitated his enemy. The fight was not even 3 seconds long. It was glorious to see, roses all over the arena!

Rage donned his helm and took up his position. Vorkas faced him. The trumpets sounded.

A heartbeat later Vorkas lay dead upon the sand.

Anyone know a way to save the videos that the game tries to post to facebook/twitch?

I’d love to post them here, to show you some of the epic fights I’ve had.

this game is GREAT. thanks for the tip @lordkosc! :)

Getting the achievement for getting a win with a wooden sword is harder than you can imagine. Got it last night tho. :D

Also made it to the end of the game on my 3rd attempt, but did not “win” completely. I really like how they handled the ending.

Such a great game for $5.