Dominions 4

Which bug?

http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/dominions-416-bugs/page/2#1028517 ]cheat detection mistakes using alchemy to convert gems as cheating, and will take gems away from the player to make up for the perceived cheat.

Yikes. That’s a pretty serious bug for MP, though I’m happy there’s at least a way to workaround it for SP. I hope they’ll fix it fast enough.

You were right, it was too damn cheap. It’s a one time use monster. Still good to clear out some provinces or hostigate the enemy.

2015-02-27 00:39:15 +0100
Pretender autocalc tweaking
Pretender cost tweaking
National pretender costs
National pretender costs shown in popup
Description fixes
Alchemy cheat detect bug fixed
Deadeater bug fix
Supaya reanimation gave wrong info on numbers reanimated
Man-Eater flick barb
Poptype PD modding fix
Criosphinx no helmet slot
Some start troop fixes
Ghost Riders etc didn’t work

2015-02-26 10:46:27 +0100
Fixed bug in new poptype modding that made many commands useless
Updated history

2015-02-25 17:10:45 +0100

2015-02-25 17:09:34 +0100
Some descr fixes
Some stat fixes
LA Man PD fix

4.17 already out.

Sweet! That was fast.

Finished the modding manual for 4.17 tonight. Will probably be available for download in a day or two. Event modding manual will be updated next week.

The new modding manual has been updated and uploaded to the Illwinter page, so you can check that out. Given that the previous version was for 4.10, I suggest everyone get this asap.

The new version also has a helpful changelog as an appendix, so you won’t even need to go through the thing with a fine tooth comb to see what has changed and what is new.

Got magic?

I finished my Bogarus game. Ugh that was long. So much micro in the end.

2015-04-02 00:07:04 +0200
EA/MA Pelagia nation descr changes
Pelagian Mystic
Descr changes to MA Pelagian mermen
Bronze weapons for some more units
Mermen hoplites

2015-03-31 23:13:42 +0200
Iron armaments rust in the sea
Rust permanent until repaired
Damaged weapons/armors lower dmg/prot
Bone tribe barbarians and shamans
New poptypes: Ichtyid shaman, Bone Tribe barbarians
New mermen/ichtyid sites
Mermage & Pelagian Mermage remake
Pelagian Explorer
Altered Descriptions
Enkidu Headhunter & Bone Tribe Headhunter Club -> Skull Club
EA Pelagia Hero
Turtle Warriors Javelin -> Coral Tipped Javelin

2015-03-30 20:35:07 +0200

2015-03-30 20:32:24 +0200
Ichtyid Shaman
New Pelagian coastal recruits
Mermage/priest sprite remade
New ‘rusty armor’ icons

The start of UW patch.

That’s pretty exciting. I’ve always been a fan of amphibious nations, so I’m hoping Classic Atlantis gets a bit of an update. I wonder if we will see the Dragon Kings come up.

Hey Mictlan, you have been increasing your troops in the border of our territories for a few turns. Now it’s around 400 units, if they are still there by the next turn, I’m going to suppose you are going to attack me, and act in consequence.

You might. You might also see something completely new come up that has not even been mentioned anywhere before.

Kristoffer is on record saying that at any given time he has ideas for a dozen plus nations rattling around in his head and if one of those ideas gets a firm grip on his skull, there’s no telling what can pop out. In the beta forum he once spoke offhand about ideas for at least three or four NEW underwater nations (as in, no mention in lore and I had no idea even what mythology some of them came from), so probably your best bet is to tie your expectations to an anchor and then toss it overboard without a chain to haul it back up.

Whatever it is that they do, it won’t easily fit around anybody’s prior expectations, mine included. Especially if Johan makes mechanics changes such as combo terrain underwater (e.g. sea forests). If that happens, it just necessitates a site locmask overhaul to include a “cannot appear in sea/deep sea” for land sites.

I’m hoping amphibious vs aquatic gets addressed a bit. I’d love to see aquatic get combat and move bonuses in deep water and/or amphibious get similar in shallow water. It always struck me as odd that creatures that live entirely in deep water don’t have an advantage in that environment over creatures that never/rarely do.

The iron thing seems a little much, it’d be better i think if it was a slow debuff (-1 first month, -2 second month) etc. Now that they have damage types, a more sensible thing might be to hit those swinging weapons with major penalties (good luck bashing in all that water) and/or improve encumbrance hits for heavy metals in water.

I guess it’s all subject to the imagination - i view the seas as a very specialized environment that’s demanding on creatures not attuned to it. Speed and freedom of movement are premium assets and are so more important than protection. Darkness, cold, and pressure are constant threats to life. You’re a far way from home, landwalker - this is no place for you.

Don’t non-amphibious units rack up big fatigue penalties when fighting underwater though?

Yes, but that seems on account of them being land based, not because they’re wearing heavy equipment

I’m not sure making water even worse for everyone is a great solution. It’s already basically an impregnable fortress against just about every non-water nation. It takes quite a lot to even go there, and once there you can’t fight for crap so you’ll probably just die.

I’m interested to see what they do to make it more interesting. As it is, I hate water nations. I hate playing as them and against them. Either you’re stuck in the water most of the time or you can’t ever go after them so they just sit there constantly raiding crap while there is basically nothing you can do about it.

Yeah, it’s a bit puzzle the rusting thing.
It’s considered that they should facilitate the interaction of water nations and land nations, and this is another obstacle more for it.

The always useful Dom Inspector has been upgraded and now have a mercs tab. Now you’ll know what you are buying!

That’s awesome, I always wanted to know what I was paying for and could never remember what they were.