Dominions 5 - Born to be Van Wilder

Conversely, if one were to take a level 3 throne and suffer little to no casualties, and announce their attack a few turns ahead of time so scouts could be in place, that would surely make neighbors be concerned about the level of research, spell power, and summons that the player has amassed.
But that would only happen if someone, for instance, happened to amass a mighty army of freespawn damage soakers, buffed by master earth mages, and backed up by incredible cavalry.
Or possibly a massive army of giants able to call air elementals and buffed thugs that leap first turn into the mages at the back.
Or possibly an unending tide of skeletons that simply wear down the defenders, who collapse exhausted and possibly diseased as hundreds of undead walk over them.
Or possibly a massive tidal wave of mammoths, followed by ice elementals and backed up by barrages of ice bolts that destroy the enemy before they move.

But I doubt we have anyone like that here.

I assume if you had a scout watching for the Rus oneā€¦yeeeeahā€¦noā€¦I dont want to touch that.

Ones enchantment with mammoths lasts until one sees the stupid things fleeing back across oneā€™s own line.

And thus Eagos came down from the mountains, bearing the sacred stone, and graven upon it was the first, most holy, commandment ā€œThou shalt not buy, procure, or otherwise acquire, any fucking mammothsā€.

And there was much rejoicing!

Tip o the cap to Kelan
If thatā€™s you giving up and giving in then I want no more of that!
Well done.

but look at the money youā€™ll save now! The upkeep on some of those guys was pretty steep.

I was very surprised my troops were that effective

I spent two turns burning all my gems summoning all I could and the ice and chill made all the difference, I think. I was also lucky to get maybe 1000+ in gold events and used all of that to recruit the max of my large giants with chill sacreds for two turns, so that was unfortunate timing for you.

The bats are still taking over all of my territory, though, and my one fort lost all its troops to them this turn. So, all I am really doing is saving a few provinces around my capitol, and not sure how long I can hold back the bats.

Well, at least youā€™re getting good events. I just noticed something today - every single province i own has death scales in it, and some more than 1. This seems to end at my border.

I have no death scales in my design.

That is frickin hilarious.

More fun: There are two provinces the bats and the giants are going to probably slug it out in. Both have Wells of Pestilence.

Maybe you should just let the giants have the wells of pestilence then? I mean, it really doesnā€™t take a well scientist to figure this one outā€¦

meh, batsā€¦pestilenceā€¦itā€™s kind of timely and thematic.

@Kelan you need more time?

Huh. I half expected to see some spies over hereā€¦interesting.

People are starting to claim the last unclaimed lands, and I am pretty sure most of us have scouts on the thrones.

I found a site this turn called the Rageflame Tower. ā€œAwesome!ā€ I think, because thereā€™s going to be Mages I can recruit that are amazing in their own ways. Nope, just a stupid F1 site that gives me a single fire gem each turn. Oh how quickly my excitement turned.

Turned to rage?

Despite all your rage you donā€™t get a fire mage.

I have too many air gems, not as certain what to do with them as I should be.

despite all your rage, youā€™re just a god with a tower, no mage?

send me some? 1-for-1 for nature? lemme know, iā€™ll update me turn :)

panny-poos

too many air gems doesnā€™t seem possible.
Iā€™ll trade death in return.

Got an event that I need to think about a bit. Likely wonā€™t finish my turn till tomorrow.