Dominions 5 - Born to be Van Wilder

Oh my god, guys, I have to apologize because in all the hustle and the bustle of getting ready to leave and having a last minute kind of hassle pop up I forgot to submit my turn and now I’m stuck until Sunday night. I don’t know that I was going to do anything really important. My penance ought to be letting the turn run without me.

Nope, because it does me a small service with me staring down two exams short term, so I can take small chunks out of my turn while I think about how I’m going to make the world into a Mad Max wasteland with my supercharger in my ute.

Rk6VO

@Strato at home.

no need to apologize, when your turn wasn’t in, i just assumed you’d been busy. Take your time, the game will be here when you get back.

It occurs to me that I am sorely in need of research boosters.
I am willing to pay in gold, or gems, or low level items.

I might be able to help with that. Send me an in game message bidding on quills, lamps and skulls and I’ll see what I can send you.

i’ve extended the deadline again @Kolbex - let me know if you need more time

I will be submitting my turn shortly.

The world’s pre-eminent powers inadvertently clash over a decaying corpse. Spectre pits against spectre, with a not-inconsequential cost to the loser. Will this be the spark that ignites a world war or will cooler heads prevail?

Is this about Taiwan, or …

Pre-eminent (adjective) - surpassing all others; very distinguished in some way.

Cute, but it’s hard to see Ermor as being distinguished. That province went to the rightful owner. Decaying corpses are our specialty. All you do is put them in the freezer.

I think most people in the game are rocking cold scales…truly making it…a …cold…war.

I mean, you do have like 45 provinces, so ya, you’re kind of a big thing…i dont even have scouts out at some of the more far-flung parts of your empire.

At least Caelum is distinguished!

Also close, it’s 44 provinces. I ended up counting. Shame Ermor is ridiculously inefficient. (I lack the skills to transition well it seems).

@ThornFalconeye - I appreciated your pun. But no one was kind enough to elaborate what happened.

Spectres wandering around, presumably with gear, and presumably over an Ubar province. I am going to guess one of them got lucky with a holy weapon.

are you taking a side trip to DuskPlains next turn? Just checking for a friend :)

curse the lack of pictures!

negative

oh, i was just trying to insert something interesting. Two wayward spectres met in the middle of the ocean in a piece of Rus territory. For reasons unknown, the better equipped, able, and certainly more handsome one fled.

True, true. Your spectre is more handsome. I guess the dissolution of your water elemental is what did it. Good thing you’re underwater eh? But this sounds almost like you want to fight me? If you wanna, I’ll bring it. And by it, it’ll either be pain or alcohol. Not sure yet.

Also, turn will be in, eventually. I’ve had two final exams which melted my brain, but I’m free from study for a while now. I won’t need an extension, just, honestly, just slouched in a fairly uncomfortable chair with a 1000 yard stare. Oh, that alcohol hit hard. I really should eat, right???