Dominions 5 - Born to be Van Wilder

The latter. As poor as my game has been I think I’m scout adjacent almost everywhere but some of the water.

Ack, what a crazy day. Two things:

1. I humbly request a 24 hour postponement.
  2. Xibalba hereby notifies the world that all NAPs ( non aggression pacts, not the horizontal action I dearly love) are negated, keeping to the 3 turn format. This means aggressive actions scripted on 77 can take affect on 78, assuming I got my turns correct.

Humbly postponed

eek!!

Well, I got the turn in, possibly didn’t need the extra time. Still, thanks @pyrhic !

Seems a bit odd to send a message agreeing to a truce in the same turn you take two of my provinces!

Since I offered them back to you up above it’s not really an issue unless your army is finely ready to strike against Caelum and you don’t have spare troops to retake those two provinces. If that’s the case, let me know and I’ll forward you the gold/gem income.

Or just refuse the truce. This shouldn’t be hard.

What’s hard is remembering what happened yesterday. I’ll take them back with thanks!

I wonder how long people are spending on their turns. This one was a relatively easy one for me and it still took a bit over an hour managing everything.

mine are like: i have covid, so let’s just make it 5 minutes. this is actually my usual tactic without covid also. which is why i LOSE ;)

[actually, i tend to have multiple goes at a turn, say up to 3, each going for about 20 mins. and then i have to do another one at the last minute, because I suddenly remember, as right now, that I forgot to reply to a message]

my turns are getting quite extensive, and like steve, i take multiple passes at them. Typically, i’ll do a first blush right after receiving the turn. This is the stuff that’s top-of-mind and rarely combat assignments. Then I’ll do a second/third pass, refining what i’m doing based on further thoughts, and then I’ll do a final pass before i submit my turn. This is usually when i do all the combat assignments. I used to do comms at the beginning, but now i do them at the end because i had a tendency to forget exactly what i might have said, and also, the situation may have changed meriting different communications.

Sorry to hear steve, hope its not too bad and that you feel better soon!

Just ending quarantine today myself. In my case it manifested as a bad cold. Hope that’s as bad as yours got too.

I spend more than 5 minutes, but most turns are done in 30 minutes or so. There is the occasional turn where I anticipate combat and everybody has to be scripted, but that’s not much of a problem when you don’t have many units.

See, If y’all had smaller empires then your turns wouldn’t take so long!

not too bad, but bad enough to make me consider how bad the first variant must have been! i was double vaxxed AZ, with a moderna booster, and still got omicron at the first thing i attended in 2022 (as did EVERYONE else at the outdoor event), and omicron is just a pup for symptoms. a very heavy cold, but with a niggly knack of coming back in smaller waves, as you ebb towards wellness (in theory)

thanks for your well wishes :)

Oh dear, get well soon Evil_Steve and dfs. I’ve been hiding in my house and only go out when I need to. Thankfully Covid isn’t too bad in the region I live. But the rain though, whooo boy, who’d have thought an ex tropical cyclone could dump so much water. Well, yeah, that’s what cyclones do I guess.

My turns, yeah, I normally do a few passes too. But the last few turns I’ve been mentally fortifying myself and just muddling my way through. Smaller empires are the best! The length of time it takes to go from A to B is too damn much.

I agree, hope evil_steve and dfs get better soon! And sincerely hope that there is none of the lingering after-effects, which I hear can be pretty bad. Fortunately my area has been rational about wearing masks, presumably getting the jab, etc. About 12 km away, though, its a different story. Lots of sudden hospital visits, no vax, and lots of red hats (not of the linux variety).

This is the stage of dominions that is both the most frustrating and the most rewarding. You have to do you turn in a couple passes. Then perhaps a late night epiphany makes you revise it with an hour to spare. Or, you do like I did a couple turns ago, and empower the wrong guy, and only realize it barely in time to fix it.
And then the over think! What is Pan doing? Caelum? Why is Ermor massing there? How many djinn can dance on the top the of needle? What the heck am I going to do with all these bats? And what did Formoria give to Caelum to get the throne?
All told, I begin to mull over what to have instead of Dragons Milk, perhaps something stronger.

Bourbon County Stout it is, then.

Holy cow! 14.7 % ABV!! Bourbon County Stout

Need to get some of that stat.

Oh, we’re like the UN doing “Peacekeeping.” Which is simply sitting around doing nothing. But we patrol so the boys don’t get DVT from all that sitting. Since the Rus wars, the troops developed quite the taste of vodka and wanting to acquire more. Yeah, you know how it is.

The remnants of Rus still exist in their last temples- making vodka for the Ermorian Empire.

Congrats to Caelum on the destruction of Ubar. Even with scouts I don’t think you see assassination attempts. Let me just say it was a very expensive turn for Ubar. The goal was to survive till the cataclysm and I don’t think I’m gonna make it. My gates are down and I can’t hold off what he’s throwing at me.