Dominions 5 - Born to be Van Wilder

glad it worked out. i often look at water coming out of taps as being one of the ultimate tech triumphs and cast a thought of gratitude to the ancestors. i suspect that people who demonstrate for their right to party in a pandemic don’t see plumbing in quite the same way. but i digress. take your time. i’d actually forgotten you hadn’t picked yet!

even I did some prep for this! and can’t tell how nasty the province defense is, I am doing okay and ready to “”“win”""

Plenty of pools of water laying around huh?

Sounds like you’re getting ready to cast Vengeful Water again :)

hah! vengeful water! how did i forget! :D

So i really want to choose Oceania - just from a balance perspective in this game, they seem to be the right choice. And maybe in a different map, they might work out ok - but this map maker didn’t put thrones in the water for some reason, and that makes it doubly tough to find a path to victory with oceania. Plus they don’t really have any endgame tools - they just sort of dump you out at midgame and go, ok, go play on land with giants and bats and undead, and be home by dinner!

So, for that reason, i’m gonna by Caelum, Eagle Kings. I’ll set the game up in the next day or so.

aw, i was convinced you’d go oceania! my plans are ruined. ruined, i tell ya! ;)

Lots of cold nations this game. Interesting!

Do we have General Renaming on?

Renaming has not been specified. I would like to see it on.

yes yes, of course you can name the units i will kill…

game is set up and awaiting your pretenders: BorntobeWilde - Game status

I am not convinced my pretender is best, but I am in!

that’s exactly the kind of confidence i’m looking for in a subject!

It is more that I don’t really need a pretender to roll over the map ;P

How rusty am I? I had to go to the FAQ on shrapnelforums to remember how to submit a pretender. Then I had to remember my email address and password…and then I found interesting dominions files from last year! Thank you if you remember sending me something to satisfy my curiosity.

lol, you know, i was wondering at the time why you never replied…

If you want to talk rusty, don’t forget that steel weapons and armor get rusty under water.

Oh and that it’s EA and there’s like, no indy scouts. Ok, there’s some, maybe.

And my winning Pretender is in. I think I’m happy with my plan. Well, I thought I was until I decided to make one change here and another change there, and gone from 0 points remaining to 3. Arrgh, the inefficiency. And the name! Why do I keep on getting stuck choosing a name. Maybe sticking to Dragon 1 was a better prospect.

I’m really happy with my name. It’s gonna be part of a theme…

I am boring… I usually just use the default ones. I wish I could get back the one that added the Swedish O with the dots over it that I got once (don’t know what you call that). I suppose I could have looked up how to type the character and try it.

umlaut? ö

(note, for any of these steps, you need to use kepad, not just regular numbers. non-keypad people must have to do something else)

Cool, thanks. I knew there was a way, just was lazy and didn’t feel like looking it up :). I used to know the degrees symbol by heart because I used it all the time at work, lol. °C °F