Dominions 5 - Born to be Van Wilder

This is NOT GOOD. I find myself checking this board once an hour to see what @Kolbex has responded with. The Dom 5 bug has bit again!

1 Like

Oh gosh, Iā€™m so sorry. I looked at this when I was in the middle of something else and then it slipped my mind. Iā€™m gonna go with Fomoria, but I feel like Iā€™m gonna need a little help picking 3 for the next guy because I have no idea what Iā€™m doing.

1 Like

Heh. So you picked Fomoria, which is a good faction to pick. I think. Ask the other users for advice for the 3 factions to pick for me. In particular, ask @Kelan and @pyrhic , since I pick for Kelan, and pyrhic thinks I attack him in every game ( I only attack because I want to stop the winner, which is usually pyrhic).
@strato might also have some good ideas, since I have gamed with him a couple years ago.

1 Like

@Kolbex I will only supply you with one nation, lest I supply you with more and you choose all three and then @Akaoni descends on me in his wrath. I mean, he will still almost undoubtedly descend on me with his wrath, but at least now I stand a chance of it being just his latent wrath rather than his focused wrath.

The nation i would choose is one that is related to his namesake, a hard nation, but a fun one, particularly for this venture. I would offer you offer him the choice of Yomi, Oni Kings. They have noodles. They have rice. They have fish. They also have Ogres and Demons. They pretty much have everything in their sandbox anyone would like to have.Oh, and little goblins with arrows! They have that, too.

1 Like

Iā€™ve also added the pretenders 3.0 mod(link in original post) to the testing (use 3.0 as i couldnā€™t the the newer 3.1 to work). I was playing with rus and pretty annoyed that I couldnt find a chassis to do what i wanted to do. Iā€™ll run several more tests with it before coming to any conclusion, but i invite you all to test with it to and give me your feedback.

1 Like

Given @Akaoni loves to party, and with all the wild women that flock, no doubt demanding more IPAā€™s, Iā€™m sure Pangea would be a solid 2nd choice!

As a bit of a follow up question, is it worth us more experienced players maybe listing nations weā€™ve played before to help guide the choosing process and/or given an idea of play-style? For instance, thereā€™s no way in hell do I want to play Mictlan again because Iā€™m just sick of them, and any pool that includes that Iā€™d immediately discard that nation.

I like the Snerdryn map, so that works for me.

So no CBM? That is fine, but I just have to remember to turn it off since we used it the last couple.

I will have to get the Enhanced Pretenders 3.0 added and will check my test builds to see how it looks.

For a nation, hmmā€¦ I have good memories of Tā€™ien Chā€™i, but they are also Heat/Cold neutral like the other suggestions. They have sacred mages and some fun summons to play with.

1 Like

Hmm. My first inclination is to go with Yomi. However, they get a 25% gold reduction. That, on top of the settings that already reduce money by 50%, plus I am pretty sure you need to take Turmoil scales, means they are effectively unplayable.
So, that leaves it to Tien Chi and Pan. Of the 2, I have played TC a few years ago, a game that saw pretty much nothing but defense in a 3 vs 1 (Lanka, Marverni, and I think Pythium, if I remember correctly).
Which leaves Pan. Naked wild women and IPAs? SIGN ME UP!
////////////////////////////
@Kelan- he excels at the BBBs (Birds, Bats, and Blood). So I am looking at slow armored nations with no blood.
Pick from:
Oceania
Mekone
Niefelheim

1 Like

Oh, wellā€¦I was going to take those things ā€œunder advisement,ā€ but really itā€™s all good! Keep things movingā€¦

1 Like

Oops. Did I move too quickly? Feel free to give me 3 choices, @Kolbex, no worries.

1 Like

NO

FUCK YOU, DISCOURSE!!!

1 Like

Actually, iā€™m going to back this up a bit - @Kelan is correct, TC is an invalid pick because itā€™s the same temperature scales as the other two. So @Kolbex, you need to choose a valid third (or, given the rationale @Akaoni has made, you can change the other two offerings as well, if you like) before Akaoni can select.

@Strato Sure, i guess you can mention nations that you wouldnā€™t pick or nations that suit your play style, or even just your play style. But i donā€™t think it should be mandatory.

@Kelan No CBM for now, unless someone wants to argue for it.

1 Like

Ok, Iā€™ll pick three! Mulling now.

1 Like

Ok, @Akaoni:

Xibalba
Agartha
Rus

I think that satisfies the requirements?

1 Like

Would have been good, but Rus was the first pick! :)

1 Like

Damn it, I even scrolled back through buy wasnā€™t meticulous enough. Curse you, memory!

Pelagia, then?

1 Like

Ok, bats (Xibalba), cave monsters (Agartha) and Pelagia (underwater something). I think Xibalba is heat.
I will decide shortlyā€¦

1 Like

Well, I see enough pale, almost blind sub humans at work, and underwater isnā€™t really my thing. So I will go with Xilbala, and will probably name my pretender Bruce Wayne.

I think my picks for @Kelan can still be viable, if @pyrhic agrees.

1 Like

yup, those picks are valid. @Kelan to choose.

And please remember, unpicked nations go back into the potential pick pool.

1 Like