Dominions 5: Multiplayer Warriors of the Feint - 2018 Stabby-Stabby Edition

QTLizzies Ur
Disaster! My Ur army does not wrap around the Cavemen properly, and they promptly wipe out my chaff before my sacred units can do enough damage. And I lose more on the retreat.

Good news? My dragon took another province, and I still have a buffer of a province or two between me and Pan. I recruit a mage, a few sacred, a scout, and a few longbows. I will have that Cave men province on the coast. Shhh no one tell Therodos.

Very soon I will have to reach out to Pan and offer some peace treaty of a sort. But not until i bump up against him , “oh, I just now noticed you, pay no attention to that scout that has been wining and dining your Maeneads for 4 turns now” type of thing.

Where are the others? hmm

I SEE MONKEYS!

Dom5 inspector is alive!

https://larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

Monkey see, monkey do!

Lizzies, Kailasa (monkeys):

We invaded a territory abutting the Monkey Kingdom that appeared to have approximately 50 guardians, mostly light milita (no shields) and a handful of light cavalry. So the Divine Monkey God ordered our relatively small Monkey Army, led by our prophet-General, to attack. Upon arriving we realized our initial scouting report didn’t account for the group of heavy cavalry, suddenly bearing down on us in a thunderous charge.

That’s when the poop could have hit the fan but our prophet-General bestowed his blessing upon the battlefield and the monkeys tossed sticks and stones with a righteous fervor at the humans as our sacred warriors from Mount Kailasa waded into the cavalry without hesitation or fear. The mere mortal human cavalry were awestruck by the warriors of Mt Kailasa and were cut down by them as they gaped in wonder at such celestial splendor!

After the battle was won, the brave monkeys were treated to chocolate covered bananas and given extra time to groom each other, while the commanders patrolled, prayed and searched for sites of a magical nature.

@tylertoo for new first turn of Furies, just in case you didn’t realise we had restarted due to an interloper

Anyone else having trouble pulling up spells on the Inspector?

As a not-currently-playing-Dominions-but-fascinated-by-it kinda guy, I greatly appreciate this thread. It’s a lot more informative than reading overviews or even watching videos. Just wanted to throw that out there.

I resent the file but it keeps getting rejected as unknown game. Do I have restart the game entirely?

You aren’t accidentally sending in your Pretender .2h file are you?

That’s what I did a couple of times before I figured out I was pulling the .2h file from the wrong folder.

Yes, positive. I’m pulling from the savegames folder.

Here’s the message:

Your 2h file appears to be for a game the LlamaServer doesn’t know about - perhaps you sent the wrong one?

Details of your e-mail:
Subject:
Sent at: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 20:50:52 -0500
Attachment: early_ctis.2h

Tried it twice.

So I went into Dom5, loaded the game, it was exactly where I’d left things. I ended turn and then sent that savegame, and got the same message.

Then I went to the email I had sent on Tuesday, saved the file that was attached to that email to my desktop, and just sent that original file – which worked on Tuesday – to the server. It was also rejected.

I’m not sure what else to do.

mmmmm,

have you downloaded the new turn file and saved it over your old turn file, and then started the game with the new turn, done your turn, and sent that file in?

I’m very confused. There’s a new turn file? I thought we just resend what we sent for turn one. Do you mean I have to recreate what I did from scratch? As in, start over?

you would have received a new email with a new turn (as the old turn had someone as Berytos) which needs to be saved over your previous turn (ie the one with Berytos) in your game folder. Then you start with this turn (ie the one with Sharaleo)

clear as mud, eh…

Sigh. I never saw the new email come in, but there it is…

Let me start over.

Ok, now I got it right. Sorry to have held things up.

toot toot! FURIES IZ ON!

The waiting is the worst…

I felt like I’ve made a yuuggee mistake after I emailed my turn (The first turn!). Oh well, we’ll see >.<