Dominions 5: Multiplayer Warriors of the Feint - 2018 Stabby-Stabby Edition

Lizzies Ur
So the Pan attack on the Ur capital resulted in a lot of burnt horse meat. Next up, lizard BBQ.
I think my dragon will be fine, since he is in his own dominion. Just waiting for Red to make an appearance…oh, there he is, far from his capital.

I want to talk more, but I am not doing so well, lol. I am trying to hide! Pan seems to be doing very well in our game so far, though.

What!? I sincerely hope that you mean the lizards are hosting a BBQ, because the alternative is just too terrible to contemplate. Too terrible.

I’m a beast at early game, but a mewling kitten after that. I’m sure whatever you vets are cooking up will take care of me.

Although I was just attacked by a new player this turn!

AStott
What!? I sincerely hope that you mean the lizards are hosting a BBQ, because the alternative is just too terrible to contemplate. Too terrible.

If the thought of lizards being roasted with a nice Lemon Herb sauce, perhaps drizzled with some hot sauce made by our own Mushu dragons, is too much, you can always retreat from the two provinces that you took from Ur.

There are 28 more White Centaurs that I might have to deal with, but now that I have Thunderstrike and Lightening (very very frightening) to help fend them off, any Ctis army will resemble the Lannister forces when they first encounter a Dragon.

Happy to report that there are a lot less white centaurs around now…unfortunately, there’s the same number of white bulls, though that was one of the most incredible battlefield retreats I ever saw. However, it does look like he’s leaving the field with a few more afflictions than he had before. Still, big healthy bull will likely recover from those in no time.

Great battle overall, and those white centaurs certainly lived up to their reputation!

Hmm… I’d consider giving back two provinces I took from Ur.

But, I’m not sure what to do about the fact that the people no longer seem to prefer worshiping at Urrish temples. I wouldn’t want to disappoint all those citizens by turning them away at our doors.

Qt3Furies - Xibalba

I have noticed a bit of a staring match across one of your borders…

Really? My scouts totally missed that. Might just have to redirect some batmen in that direction.

On a different note, I’m in the market for a thistle mace. Any one of you nature nations want to negotiate a trade?

Hmm… I’d consider giving back two provinces I took from Ur.
But, I’m not sure what to do about the fact that the people no longer seem to prefer worshiping at Urrish temples. I wouldn’t want to disappoint all those citizens by turning them away at our doors.

Sorry for the delay in Qt3Furies, but my internet was out all day! I will try to get my turn in now.

Well done @Baconsoda and TC on the Throne take. I saw your mass of troops at your fort and figured I better wait a turn to attack the Throne myself as it seemed like you were going after it!

@Otthegreat, I am a few turns from being able to make one, but if you still need one then, I can probably work something out with you.

No rush. If you wait a couple turns I’m more likely to be able to forge something useful in return anyway.

LOL. I also saw you were amassing troops just beside my border so I figured better now or never :). Throne at Gwyrth (31) is all yours as I’m not in the position to take it.

Sounds good. I am going to take a peek this turn, but it may be a rough one!

QT3 Lizzies - Pan

Nice battle indeed. Separating your troops into two distinct groups (so one is fresh and in reserve) really helped kill off my centaurs, who were berserk and disorganized by the time they hit your second line. Nicely done.

Now my lack of research (because my mages have been off conquering) is really starting to show - everyone else is getting cool battlefield spells, and I have relatively little magical power. Ah well, that’s the life of a sacred bless nation! Time to hit the books, my bookworms!

Totally accidental; they did it on their own. The group was set to hold and attack closest. They let your flanking force totally go around them as they did nothing terribly useful, then all of a sudden half the group backed away from the main force to attack your flankers. When they first moved i thought they had lost morale and fled, but that was weird as they were only in one squad. I speculate that they underwent another ‘orders check’ when they were blocked from reaching the initial target, and then ‘discovered’ your flanking troops (now way behind them) and engaged.

While i’m happy you can finally perform flanking maneuvers, i think the combat ai might need some work as I’ve seen troops too many times fail to engage flankers when there seems to be ample time to do so.

QT3 Lizzies - Sauromatia

Not the best turn for us. Congrats to pan for patrolling on its capitol. I figured you’d be licking your wounds somewhat and think that I couldnt get across the water to you anyways, and that combination would allow my hydras an easy victory. Not quite so, as I underestimate the combat AI again and leave my commanders vulnerable to flankers. The only good news for me is another 15 centaurs dead at the cost of my hydra force. Hydras are really expensive to maintain, and are very much limited to usefulness to the early game (where they’re a pain to deal with). Mid/late game magic and thugs limit their viability, and they’re notoriously hard to coordinate with other troops (in particular on defense with PD) so my plan was to have them die heroically somewhere right around now. But considering my investment in them, i was hoping for more than one province…

The sneaks beating 3 heavy cavalry was just insult to injury

I suspect you find your lack of prophet disturbing too…

Good job,AStott! I hope other players have scouts nearby to see this battle. Basically, he took a bunch of death mages and cast Raise Dead several times with each, and had his own troops on hold and attack. So the summoned chaff went first, and the falchion warriors came later, after my own troops were a bit fatigued. 200+ to 70 odd, and I lost 56 of them. Of note, however, my air mages caused the bulk of the casualties, and they will be back for the next round.

I think I have 6 provinces right now…

Hey all of you just sitting there researching and not fighting. You will not enjoy this game till you fight other humans who will try and counter your attacks with their own innovations. If you just sit there and research, you will get bored with this game.

The fun with this game is coming up with new and cunning strategies that flummox the other players for a long enough time that you can crush them. If you wait too long, they will have the resources to defeat you.

Now, ask me, I have only 6 provinces, barely any income, and attacked by Pan and Ctis, Ctis with a pretender and a sizable amount of mages, THIS is what you want to experience! Will I survive the next turn or two? Hmmm.

Thanks. I messed up with my cavalry/chariots/undead elephants though. I think If I’d delayed them and started them further back I wouldn’t have lost all of them. That hurts. And yes, those air mages hurt.

The thing I’m the most proud about is successfully predicting your movements.and intercepting with enough force to have an impact. Frankly, I’m finding that making movement decisions in war is… terrifying. The stakes are so high.