Dominions 5: Multiplayer Warriors of the Feint - 2018 Stabby-Stabby Edition

Well, i think i’ve given pan enough distraction to give you some reprieve from his attacks, but you’re on your own with ctis.

Likewise, scrambling to fend off two enemies on opposite ends of my empire, feeling like i’m just barely holding on to what i’ve got…managing desperate victories and suffering tragic losses…THIS is what an interesting game is! Makes for great memories - some good, and some bad, but all memorable!

Now, I’ve managed to blunt Sauromatia’s incursion into my territory, partially. Ur’s pretty much reclaimed the territory I took from him in my raids…time to rebuild. The question is how? The white centaurs I can recruit only at a limited rate, so I’ll have to look to conjuration I suppose.

It’s actually a bug, it will be fixed in the next version. Right now attack rear is working ‘too well’.

Just figured out how to handle your bull, btw…lucky for you, i think i need a fire path i don’t have…

######FURIES BREAKING NEWS########

A diplomatic inicident between Pan and Fomoria has ratcheted up tensions in the ironically peaceful Land of the Furies. A seduction attempt by Armia the Dryad Mother on Dubhbara the Nemedian Champion has plunged relationships between these two powers to an all-time low. A spokesperson for LittleMissPiggy has detailed the attempt: “Pan’s Delilah, Armia, attempted to seduce our Samson, Dubhbara, in an incident in the province of Godwoods, close to the Throne of Gaia. Fortunately, Dubhbara, having spent many years with the Desert Fathers of the Nemedian Deserts, did not rise to the seductive challenge. Calling on the sacred mantras, his resolve did not harden in the face of Armia’s affrontery, and she fled, unsated.” An anonymous spokesperson for Pan stated: “This incident has been blown out of proportion. These are two consenting adults here: from what we hear, Dubhbara was simply not used to his protection. Armia, frustrated, left the Nemedian ‘Champion’, but ran into a group of bone readers who, unfortunately, mistook her for a Morrigan and ran her over. Nothing to see here, move on.” The spokesperson for LittleMissPiggy has indicated that, whilst the Nemedian Champion’s resolve did not harden despite provocation, LittleMissPiggy has the hump. She calls for friends and allies to make a stand against Pan, pointing out that in the Land of Lizzies everyone has piled on Pan, and the Land of Furies shouldn’t have to miss out."

MORE DETAILS TO BE PLAYED OUT IN FORUM.

in the Land of the Lizzies, everyone has piled on Pan…

Point of order! Sure, Ur declared war on Pan, but Pan handled that quite well. Hes gutted Ur, leaving only a small force that was not able to stand up to the Ctis juggernaut.

The mere fact that Sauromatia was kind enough to distract Pan with his own attack from the other side of the vast empire of of Satyr and Minotaur-dom was the only reason why Ctis is ready to knock down Ur’s doors, and not Pan.

Pan would like to highlight what Fomoria has already mentioned. The unfortunate dryad in question obviously didn’t know what she was doing. Distraught by the violent reaction to her innocent advances, she simply fled the scene rather than to try and defend herself. Surely, a less sincere seduction would have been handled more appropriately.

In truth, I’d never tried a Seduction before.I failed to equip her with any defenses, or even script her properly, so wound up losing an expensive commander. The only, true victim here was Pan.

The classic seduction with Pan is to give her a couple nature gems and have her cast Swarm. That way, you have a good chance of killing the commander of the seduction goes awry.
Of course, the counter is to have bodyguards and scripts for the mages, perhaps with some gems as well.

Thanks for the tip. I was trying to make it complicated and thinking about giving her magic items.

Seducers and assassins don’t get to bring in their bodyguards do they?

Ooooh, seduction! I’ve never used that before - may have to give that a try.

Ur and Sauro, watch out!

The thing I’m the most proud about is successfully predicting your movements.and intercepting with enough force to have an impact. Frankly, I’m finding that making movement decisions in war is… terrifying. The stakes are so high.

Yeah, thats a good part of the game, trying to figure out what the enemy can bring to bear and what you can do to defeat it, or avoid it. You can easily spend a large amount of time analyzing a situation and trying to figure out what the other person will bring, and how to respond.

Thats why scouts are so important- to see what is in each province, so you have a better estimate on what the capabilities are. The one game that I have won here was with Pan, and included at least one harpy scout in each province of my enemies, in addition to harpy scouts doing the usual ferrying of gems and items to the armies.

If you really want to get schooled in movement machinations, go up against @pyrhic, when hes playing a nation with sneaking thugs, and watch your impressive army evaporate as he ferries in an army of hundreds of trolls and elementals in an artifact ship, while thugs sneak and attack all surrounding provinces to ensure no retreating units of your stunned forces survive.

Seduction - I dont know if you can bring bodyguards along, I dont think so. But I do know that Dryads are just ok at seduction, and that some of the summoned creatures are better.

pity for you my commanders are mostly women, but good luck and an open mind might still be lucky for you!

Uhhh… you’ve succeeded at absolutely terrifying me… :)

A failed seduction attempt results in an assassination attempt, so bodyguards should be be there for the defender.

Yes, but he was asking if his Dryad could bring along bodyguards in the seduction attempt. So, assuming it fails, he has some guys to help in his assassination. But I dont think you can give the Seduce command when still commanding troops.

You could try it with a dryad and a bodyguard of harpies (can be given orders, are stealthy). Note that having up to 5 more stealthy units along increases your chance of being found by patrolling a bit more.

And @AStott, you dont have to worry yet. That was late game, with the artifact Flying Ship, and he used a national hero who could command a ton of troops. I think it was around turn 70 or so. It was amazing to watch the battle going WTF…and pausing and clicking on all his commanders to try and figure out how he did it.

Newb question. If your nation has no stealthy troops, won’t all scouts constantly get caught?

Scouts getting caught is a function mostly of how well the opponent is searching for them. Regular PD isn’t that effective against scouts, and you really want a troop of dedicated scout hunters if you’re going to catch them (things with high mobility like birds and cavalry work best).

However, yes, your scouts will frequently get caught - i don’t know what the actual numbers are, but figure about 10% catch rate - so if you have 10 out there, you’re likely going to lose one every round.

Lol, thanks, but the circumstances were pretty unique to that game. Also, they happen to be well recorded :)

All nations have some type of stealthy scout commander. Usually the first commander in the recruitment panel.

Reminds me of that one game over at BF where @pyrhic and I tried to pull off a last minute win against a dominating opponent. We never could pull it off, but I learned a ton about making crazy strikes at far distances in that game and was even using Hydromancers to remote travel in the water (which I can’t seem to find now - did they remove it?)

That was also Dominions 3, though, and back then there wasn’t a limit on the range of ritual spells, so all the magic ritual movement spells could send you anywhere on the map, if I recall correctly.