Dominions 5: Multiplayer Warriors of the Feint - 2018 Stabby-Stabby Edition

Nope, not EA C’tis. I’ve had to use magical means to get my hands on scouts.

@TurinTur He’s right, there are no scouts for ea ctis…hope that’s a bug…

I was under the impression it was intended. I played them in a recent game too and expected it, but I can’t recall why.

Quick research to Conj 1, national death mage and given death gem income and you can crank some scouts out fast.

It is neither intended nor unintended, it is a reflection of how it was.

Good thing I have Bruce here to keep me in line :).

The day I’ll take upon me the colossal task of roleplaying a true neutral D&D character, I’ll take the Dominions manuals with me as a reminder it is not impossible.

(Edit: awesome thread, by the way)

Yup, this was my #1 research priority. In one of my test games, I started with that research, which was pretty sweet.

QT3Lizzies, Kailasa

I apologize for not being very “present” for this game lately but the holidays and kids home from college have ravaged my free time. I’ve been getting my turns in at least but honestly I’m only going through the motions and haven’t been paying much attention to various wars and diplomacy. I’ve mainly been recruiting and researching in my capital just to get my turns over with as quickly as I could.

Today, however, I’ve finally taken some time to manage my armies and commanders and the monkeys are on the move! Seems like everybody is fightin’ and we don’t want to miss out on all of the glorious mayhem! I believe all of my NAPs have ended so I suppose anybody is fair game now, right? Do we need to officially declare war or anything or can I just waltz into someone’s backyard unannounced?

See you soon!

I spent a ton of time clicking on my units and still couldn’t find one, but now I realize that others have posted the reason. I’m EA C’Tis in the Furies game.

So in lieu of stealth, I guess I just scout by sending guys on kamikaze runs?

@tylertoo I mean, you could…however, you’re likely better off to either find a scout in a province you conquered (though they can be hard to find in EA) or otherwise summon a stealthy minion. Off the top of my head, death, blood and nature all have pretty low level stealthy summons. This list is likely not exhaustive.

Don’t forget that many indy commanders that aren’t technically scouts have stealth (druids, some of the shamans, etc) and if you’re really in a pinch for scouting, you should decided whether their additional cost is worth it. I remember a game where i was hard up for scouts and had to resort to buying some indy kailasa chieftains @ 60g each and use them as scouts because they have stealth +40.

I guess, to complete the literature, i should mention that there are spells which will give you scouting (from a single province to the whole world) as well as magic items that will allow you to do the same, as well as magic items which will make a commander stealthy and/or more stealthy.

As mentioned above, research one level of conjuration, and use a level 2 mage to cast Black Servant to summon a scout for 5 death gems.

Yep! No need to announce as long as your NAPs have ended. Attack away!

Also, if the province in question is bordering your own lands, send a cheap commander in with the Retreat order and most times they will escape unharmed to one of your provinces and you can get a look at the army details including positioning. With Indy provinces, this is very valuable. With a human player that will be switching things up at times, not so much.

@AStott, do you realize that you haven’t submitted your turn (26) yet? Its fine if you haven’t, its just that you have about 12 hours till it hosts. And with you posting here recently, I thought you might be under the assumption that you already did send in your turn.

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=QT3Lizzies

Uh… whoops! Thanks for the reminder. That would have been disastrous. I’m not going to be able to get to it until this evening, which is going to be cutting it a little [lot] close. Could I get an extension of an additional 4 hours?

Keep in mind the rules for retreat are different now. Commanders and troops no longer automatically successfully retreat even if there’s a friendly province to retreat to. On the plus side, it is now possible for squads to retreat with their commanders…

I am not sure who has admin rights to the Lizzies game, beyond @Evil_Steve. Hopefully someone will bump the time a few hours for you.

extended 12 hours

Thanks! I’ll try not to let it happen again.

This is why this game is so great. Incredible depth.

But… this is also why I have trouble with it. I’ve mastered the basics but still don’t have a sense of how to figure out all the cool shit you can do. Perhaps it is just experimenting, and reading about the exploits of others, and watching MP battles and the like. But it is a post-newb, pre-expert hump I can’t quite get over.