Dominions 5: Multiplayer Warriors of the Feint - 2018 Stabby-Stabby Edition

I’m just going to assume that you miscounted. There’s no way you would ever try to spread misinformation in a public forum in an attempt to gain an in-game advantage.

Nope. Never.

;)

Well, in Dom4, he would have come back. And when he didn’t come back next turn, I dug into the manual. Turns out it takes ‘approximately’ three turns to come back. And I alloted 47 holy points of Call God that turn.

So, did you see the turn? Are the lizards still sitting on the Ur capital? I assume they are, Ur didn’t have much left after the fights with Pan. But I loaded up all the mages with gems and some nice scripting, so there might have been a big fight. Unless Ctis retreated…

Me == C’tis

Makes sense on Call God. I can’t say I’m sad about it. You have no idea how scared I was of that dragon. It basically had me stalemated until I could get just a little more time to finish some research.

The fight was… well, pretty much a big giant mess. I should have predicted you’d attack instead of staying inside the castle (given you had forces adjacent), but I didn’t, so I was scripted for an assault. Also unfortunately, I messed up the scripting on my chariots. Even so, it all worked out in the end in my favor. I’m pretty sure the dragon would have turned the tide in your favor though.

I’ll probably go back and watch that fight again, but it was so utterly chaotic… I’m not sure it’ll be worth the effort.

Things are moving in QTFuries! Pan is moving on me in the water and I have no defense there, and moving another mass of Centaur that I most likely can’t keep out for long!

Ur vs Ctis. Ctis has 300 odd troops, his pretender, and a dozen mages.
Ur has 41 real troops, 40 hawks, 32 mages.
The frustrating thing is, if Ur had more Choosen, like a dozen, I think they might have held the line against the cavalry, and might have even gotten to the mages in the back. But once the Devourer of Souls would stop casting, and go into melee, it would have been over.

As it is, there is still ONE MORE CASTLE. And Ur still has almost all those mages. Hm, I wonder what they can summon to hold this line this time?

This is just before the last Ur troops break.

Finally tally for Ur.

I have to assume that Pan and Ctis worked together on orchestrating my unfortunate
demise. If so, well played. If not, you should have! Just like you should have orchestrated that attack on Rus with Ctis, Pan! And monkeys! Feel free to take those two border provinces if you want. Its now time to prepare the final castle for a lizard roast !

@Otthegreat @Kelan

just waiting on your pretender submissions to get wyld ryde 3 started…

Sorry about that! I’m going to get that in either today or tomorrow.

On the way!

And sent. I have no idea whether this will work.

And wyld ryde 3 is on the way!

Just some notes, there are 6 level 3 thrones on the map, and since we never really set any diplomacy rules, how about every nation is free to decide on its diplomacy rules? :)

Lol, sounds good!

Sorry for the delays this week. I just got slammed at work, but should be able to get a turn in tonight. After this week things should clear up significantly.

QTFuries has finally gotten furious. Pan is doing well against Mictlan, but Fomoria just took a bunch of Pan land.

Can Pan take out Mictlan before Fomoria takes out Pan? What will Xibalba do? Tune in next turn to find out.

QTLizzies -

Apparently the only action in this game is the imminent demise of Ur. However, I have high hopes that thirty mages and a handful of chaff can clog up the gate with enough Pan bodies to force a retreat.

QT3Furies:

Sigh, I thought the system would send me a reminder like it always did. The game moved on without waiting for my turn submission (I misread the dateline too) and Ermor has marched happily into my unattended territories. Missing one game turn is as punishing as wasting a turn in Civilization games right?

I think I’ll just throw in the towel at this point. Anyone wants to take over Tien Chi?

Jeez, it’s already like 4 days between rounds, how much time did you need?

EDIT - Oh, you’re in the other game, sorry - I don’t know how many days you guys have between rounds.

@Baconsoda, since I am shortly out of Lizzies, I will be more than happy to take over TienChi. Please PM me.

No, it’s not as damaging as missing a Civ turn. Dom does not progress as predictably as Civ. A game of Dom is full of unexpected occurrences and setbacks. Missing a turn isn’t great but it’s not fatal. Your mages keep researching, your multi-turn moves keep moving, and every army hunkers down and plays defense.

Recruitment is maybe the largest impact, which is why it’s not bad to set your capital and other forts to “keep recruiting” and just manually override them as needed.

up to you, but this is a learning game, and recovering from a stale is something worth learning from? the game will change rapidly over the next few turns, there’s plenty for you and ermor to consider: shall we keep fighting or are there other advantages opening up? etc etc

Anyone else seeing weirdness with lizzies and llamaserver? The turn before this i got spammed back with about 50 ‘revised turn’ notices (each about 2 mins apart), and this turn even though i’ve submitted and received a response that i’ve submitted, it still shows me as not.

Wyld seems to be working normally, so doesn’t seem to be something across all the games…

This. I missed this past turn also. Got the 12-hour reminder at 7am, got home from work at 7pm. Boom. But I want to learn and have fun, really don’t see a point in just throwing in the towel.

That said, I have no disillusions about being good enough to win. I suppose if I did, I might feel more strongly about a stale.