Dominions 5: Multiplayer Warriors of the Feint - 2018 Stabby-Stabby Edition

Nope, nothing unusual for me from the server…

QT3 Lizzies
Yes, C’tis and I somewhat opporunistically managed to do a one-two punch to take Ur on, but it looks like true to his word AkaOni has his Dragon back!!! Fireworks sure to appear next turn!

I tried a sneaky quick stab at Rus, hoping to take a lightly defended throne but as it turned out…not so lightly defended. Or perhaps I didn’t send enough sneaky sneaky forces to take it, resulting in the loss of my prophet. Oh well, live and learn! Ur is refusing to go quietly into the night and has siphoned off resources…would you lie still while C’tis and I hold this pillow on your face please!!! ;)

If only Xibalba knew.

I am glad Something Big is finally happening, but for once it doesn’t border or directly involve me.

Yes please. Would it help if I hissed a sibilant lullaby in your ear?

And, it was very opportunistic. I wasn’t really planning on going after Ur’s territory. Then I wasn’t planning on going after Ur’s capitol.

What’s up with Rus? If you are mad at Pan for attacking your throne, why take it out on me?!

QT3 Lizzies

The smoldering wreckage of yet another Ur castle is littered with bodies. More than a hundred Pannites were slain, and things were looking…managable… when an overzealous Ur mage cast Shockwave.

Not only did he create a new recipe for Fried Harpy A La Mode, he also incinerated more than a few of his fellow mages. Even RubberDucky fell to the combined might of several water and fire elementals.

Now the few that call Ur home huddle in the lab, passing out gems and gear for the final stand. A few watch the march of the Rus legions, while others watch the strange manticores and other beasts than Pan has summoned.

Awww… I was kind of looking forward to trying to take out the dragon. Anyway, congrats to Pan. I guess he did all the hard work. I just cleaned some things up afterwords.

Now it seems like Rus is wanting some play time. Happy to oblige.

QT3 Furies

Well, was quite a huge battle at my capitol. I won’t spoil it yet until people get to see the battle, but I did some significant damage even though I am almost surely on the way out before long.

I did my best!

EDIT: I took down all I could while holding my fort, but my total upkeep went from something like 420 to 136, so not much left now.

I summoned all those troops present in the battle in one turn and burned most of my gems and all my slaves. A few turns ago I starting only hiring Moon Priests and just barely hit Body Ethereal in research to try to cast on as many Jaguar Warriors as possible to try to stand a chance against the White Centaur and it seemed to work.

My defending army did mostly rout quite a few turns before the end, but it was going to be hard to dent my Monolith and him and a couple Priest Kings with Jaguar Warrior bodyguards held fast to the end.

Battle summary:

Wow that looks like it was an awesome battle. What were the blessings on both sides? And did any spells impact the game besides Body Ethereal?

I would have to look at it close again as I just looked quickly once.

I had affliction resistance, regen, magic weapons, the blood enchant that boosts stats on kills. Pan also had regen and reinvig, I believe.

I used starting casts of swarm to try to slow the centaur down and many casts of Imps. I also tried liberal use of Tangle Vines and Earth Meld, but can’t recall if they worked well or not. I wasn’t that far in research.

My idiot pretender kept casting Curse of Stones, which wasn’t going to do crap against 14 MR Centaur.

Wyld Ryde: Ah, first diplomacy is best diplomacy!

QT3Lizzies Ur

I imagine Pan is a bit like this:

i’d cross out ‘some people’ and replace with ‘Sauromatia’

Take out the words, leave the picture, and you have my portrait! :D

WyldRyde 3:

Indeed. ;)

WyldRyde: What the hell happened?

Also, I’d like to introduce WyldRyde3 to the rule: when you’re the last to play the current round, you should be the first to play the next round, C’tis.

i don’t make the rule names, they just happen that way…

Turn’s about to host.

And secondly, I’ve been on early starts, so I put the turn through in the time between waking up and going to work. Calling me out is silly as I’m not always the last person to submit a turn.

Let’s just say that some early posturing was slapped down ;)

Wyld Ride 3:

No one entered a contestant into the arena deathmatch and the game decided to call us all cowards! Shocked and appalled I am. Also I wish I did submit someone now. Alas!

Yes, and the dominion hit we all took was not insignificant…

Ugh, I totally forgot. I was going to send someone, but sent the turn in before setting that up. Dominion hit right now sounds painful I must admit.