Dominions 5: Multiplayer Warriors of the Feint - 2018 Stabby-Stabby Edition

Since we have two experts with @Kelan and @Akaoni, maybe we could have two disciples teams that start the game allied, but we consider duking it out after wiping up the AI?

I’m in favor of that. 4 teams of 2 would work. We would need another player though.

Okay, so it looks like we’ll be changing it to 4 v 4 v 4 v 4, unless we want to find a really big map, then we can do 7 v 7 v 7.

For now, I’ll keep this open and we’ll wait for more participants. I like @belouski idea of have 2 teams of 4 that eventually fight each other. It keeps the start of the game still casual, but keeps people motivated, and after the AI has been crushed, we can have a vote about whether to continue, or just leave it.

Let me know what you all think.

I like it, and @Kelan is always fun to play against/with/curse you and your impressive blood hunting skills!!

Ah yes, where was I?
I will pick last or almost last, so everyone else can get their desired nations in.

We still need an 8th player.
Maybe @vyshka?

Okay, here is my idea. Each new player picks a nation. After all 6 players have picked a team, we can have the two expert players pick teams (one at a time).
But that only works if we get one more beginner player.

I’ll go with Nazca unless someone else really wants them. I’ll be out this weekend too (Friday-Monday), so a start next week would be better. Sounds like it’ll take a little bit for us to finalize settings anyway.

Two teams that start allied sounds fun.

Some changes

I will probably wait until I get a team before I pick a nation/pretender so I can try to fit scales to the nations/(strategy that the player(s) wants) and pick one that helps me do that. I don’t think I have played a disciple game in Dom 5 so I should probably check what changes have been done there too, if any, from Dom 4.

I figured that the team leaders would pick the team they want, and then decide on a pretender nation that best fits that team.

That works. @Akaoni and I can work something out and propose something and see if anyone wants to switch. Maybe group similar heat scale nations close to each other at least.

I figured we go old school playground rules. One pick at a time!

Sure! That works. Will monitor the thread to see when we get an 8th and what nations are picked. Would like a couple days to discuss scales/pretender after teams are picked and then a few days to test before start, at least, if possible.

Thanks!

We might want to keep the discussion for both sides on this thread, in the open, for learning purposes.

I was almost going to suggest we have the teams divided randomly, but that would hurt mixes of cold/hot.
Lets see if we get an 8th.

If we can’t get an eighth, I think @Otthegreat and I might have more experience than the other three non-pros and we could make a team of three versus four.

I’d be more than willing to switch nations as well if it would improve the team’s scales.

Let’s not be hasty. Sometimes people don’t actually read the forums for several days.

I would be an eighth if you need another semi-newb.

That will work.

I was thinking, if we do 2 two teams of humans, and we go against 2 teams of AI, that’s a little unfair. The 2 AI teams will fight each other, unlike us. How should we balance it out?

I was thinking of doing only 1 team of AI, but then the question is, how many AI players, how many Pretenders, how many Disciples? Should we just do one team of 8 AI players, and have one AI Pretender?

Let me know your thoughts. I figure we still have some time until we start the game next week.

A couple questions here.

1. I assume the map will have the “clustered” team option on. Otherwise, its basically a “how long can you hold out vs an AI with a lot more gold and resources than you.”
  2. If the AI picks from the rest of nations randomly, its almost certain to pick a couple aquatic nations and Ashen Empire ermor. I think we should decide for it.

I think 2 human teams, each of 4 players, and one AI team (1 pretender, 7 disciples) would be a good idea.

[quote=“legowarrior, post:750, topic:132684, full:true”]

Okay, since we have 8 players, we should shore up the nations. Remember, @Kelan and @Akaoni has to make a team from the nations we select, so let us make their jobs difficult!

Right now, I have the following
@Fifth_Fret as Man
@belouski as T’ien Ch’i
@Otthegreat as Narzca
@legowarrior as Asphobel

I just need MA nations for @wahoo and @tylertoo.

Going off the discussion, the game will be 4 v 4 v 8, with the two human teams allied until the AI has been defeated, let’s say completely. The game with have Thrones, and will be won when 2/3 of the throne points are held by any single team, which might occur before the AI players are defeated.

Right now, the map in question is the Conquest of the Pankor System, a large unique map with plenty of choke points. The teams will be clustered together, so you don’t have to worry about being far away from your team mates.

Nothing is 100% set in stone, so bring up any changes or issues you would like, including changing nations.

Hope that helps.