Dominions 5: Multiplayer Warriors of the Feint - 2018 Stabby-Stabby Edition

Curious how you’re preparing the AI pretenders and disciples - are you crafting them or letting them be created on the fly? I think dom5 has been better about creating AI pretenders, but it often misses some things…hmm, now that I think about it, i’ve never checked if AI pretenders conform to the same rules as human played pretenders…

I will follow up with the team!

I am ready, but will double check which build we want to go with by the time we start up.

I was thinking of letting the AI to do it. I believe they get extra points.

I am tempted to make the AI pretender (which I would tell everyone) but I am unsure how to do that without getting a sneak peak at the AI’s team (by setting it up as a human player to begin with).

The AI disciples don’t matter as much, since they won’t impact the bless or scales.

Ok, I guess I should put this in that other dumb thread, but I have no idea how the heck to get the map file. I subscribed and have the workshop item up, but have no idea how the heck to get the .tga and map file.

After you subscribe, it automatically goes into a second dominions folder (as in, not the usual one) and when next you start the game, it appears.

It’s a nifty map. Strange, but nifty. I will be setting up the later on tonight, and hopeful have it up and running in the morning.

Which reminds me, I have a wedding to go to this weekend, so there will be delayed over the weekend.

Players - 8 with 8 AI Players, 4 Teams of 4**
Time Period - Middle Era
Map - Conquest of the Pankor System https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1360229886
Type - Disciple
Thrones - Yes (9 Level 1, 6 Level 2 and 3 Level 3 Thrones, 18 points to win (so 2/3)
Grouped start - Yes
AI Level - Mighty
Turn Lengths - One per day for the first 12 turns, then we’ll slow down as needed.
Style - PBEM, llamaserver
Number of Starting Provinces - 1
Strength of Independents - 5
Special Site frequency - 50
Money Multiple: 100%
Resources Multiple: 100%
Recruitment Multiple: 100%
Supply Multiple 100%
Random events - Rare
Story Events - TBD
Score Graphs are disabled
Hall of Fame Entries - 20
Global Enchantment slots - 9
Limited unique artifact forging rate
Standard research

Team - Super Monky Team Hyperforce Go!
Pretender - @akaoni - Phlegra
Disciple - @legowarrior - Asphobel
Disciple - @wahoo - Bandar Log
Disciple - @tylertoo - Ulm

Team - 2 (No Name Given)
Pretender - @Kelan - Caelum
Disciple - @Fifth_Fret - Man
Disciple - @belouski - T’ien Ch’i
Disciple - @Otthegreat - Nazca

Team - AI
Pretender - Marignon
Disciple - Atlantis
Disciple - R’lyeh
Disciple - Oceania
Disciple - Shinuyama
Disciple - Uruk
Disciple - Agartha
Disciple - Erui

I made a few changes because more water nations meant less crowding, and Agartha was good for the cave planet.

A few simple rules - Enforced Peace. No wars between the Human Teams until the AI has been defeated. Accidently attacking the same province is acceptable, as is flooding the opponent with spies and scouts.
Likewise, globals, even if they harm the other team is also allowed.

Moving large armies, or assassins through the opposing team is not allowed while peace is enforced.
Neither is targetting their provinces with spells or abilities. If you happen to be cut off from the AI, tough break.
After the AI has been exterminated, if no one team has won the game, war is on. No peace, no treaties. The turn after the AI has been officially defeated, the gloves are off.

I’ve set up the game. I’m really tired, so I’ll probably update this tomorrow even. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

http://www.llamaserver.net/pretAdmin.cgi?game=QT3pankor1

Thanks! I am busy all night tonight after work with bowling, but will be home tomorrow and should be able to get everything set up.

While I’m lurking, I’d like to say that using spies is potentially detrimental to the opposing team as they can increase unrest.

True, but nations like T’ien Ch’i don’t have regular scouts, only spies. That would be detrimental to them.

Thanks for setting this up Lego! I’ll probably have to wait until tomorrow to set my side of things up too.

a) I’m on UK time
b) I’m not going to have a chance to look at this until tomorrow (Friday). But I will tomorrow.

Don’t spies have to Instill Unrest to be detrimental. I shall certainly abstain from that tactic against the human players.

I did say, no target provinces with abilities, so I think that applies.

It looks like some people aren’t ready. We will hold off the start until Monday.

Let me know if you need help sending your disciple to llamaserver.

Submitted my Disciple! I hope…

Does anyone know how to Set up AI nations for Llamaserver?

Oh crud. Good question. I think you may have to use human players first then have them first turn go to AI? Maybe there is another way now, though.

Had a super busy day yesterday, but getting my pretender in this morning.

I will submit on Monday, by late afternoon. I’m away this weekend. Thanks!

Hopefully I can get some gaming in this weekend. This test is going to be fun! Going to play all our nations and hope I can hold all the AI teams off!

Um, Phlegra should be commanded by an IMPOSSIBLE ai.
Just saying…😁