Dominions 5: Multiplayer Warriors of the Feint - 2018 Stabby-Stabby Edition

I set the turn intervals to 32 hours, just in case, but please, let’s all keep to the 24 hour schedule. The turn amount ends when everything turns in, so it is possible to get several turns in over the weekend, but that’s up to all of us.

And as always, if you need to postpone the turn, let me know!

Ok, so I just found something out that was a total surprise! Illwinter, would you please quit making your universe make sense!

I open up my turn to find out that my freaking capitol is melting! It is made of ice. I shifted our head/cold scale toward neutral to help our team out and now that we are hitting summer my capitol is taking damage, and I believe the message says it could melt to nothing if I am not careful. Ugh! That would hurt right in the middle of year 1!

Normally I wouldn’t want to throw this out there in a competitive game, but it was too cool not to share. I guess I should have tested longer!

I did notice that I get 3 commander points a turn, so perhaps that was done to balance this vulnerability, but dang. At least I don’t have any cap only mages.

That’s an awesome detail that Illwinter put in. You better check and see how it impacts your troop’s armor and weapons, I believe that those might be affected as well.

A bit later in the research, you will probably have to cast Winters Grip on your home just to bring the cold scales back.

I believe that LA Atlantis has the same issues.

Yeah, I already plan to avoid the troops with ice armor and ice protection as much as possible. Still, I probably should have went with Cold 1 at least in hindsight!

Thats awesome, @legowarrior . I wish I had come up with a better name for my guy that lent itself to song.

Well, you know the Heralds of AkiOni Version 4 need to be the best!

It’s all for the Glory of AkiOni Version 4!

Ok, so it appears it only melts when there is a heat scale, but now that it is fall, it appears to have repaired fully when it is neutral. My new problem is that it won’t let me start construction of a new fort, even at neutral scale! I am hoping this winter I can start one up under a cold 1 scale and it doesn’t need a cold scale present for each month to continue construction or I am screwed! Now I have to decide whether to risk the cost for 2 forts or not. I may have to as waiting another year to build a fort would suck!

I don’t know how many actively check the thread, but my hats off to all of you. We are doing a really good job on getting turns done. We are already on turn 9!

@Kelan, I am just imaging Kristoffer and Johan giggling evilly when they came up with this…

Yeah, I was going to tag them, lmao. KO, JO, and JK heheh. If I remember my initials properly after all these years…

Why Hello NAZCA! This is Phlegra, your new neighbor on the bottom world.

Just an FYI, am attacking 104 this turn. Will not go after 130. And say hello to Oceania!

Hi! Good to see you there.

Thanks for letting me know, it’ll probably be a bit before I’m up to taking on the heavy cavalry in 130.

I will! Oceania sure is circling my little beachhead. Hmmm maybe it’s time to take some skeletons for a swim.

Has everyone discovered the quality of life change that is multi turn movement?

Also, ? Is the greatest hot key of all.

I’ve had it work for me in previous games, but it refuses to work this game.

? is the greatest, but partly because it is so necessary to get anything accomplished.

I haven’t used the ? key in a long time, but I should more frequently as I learn something new all the time, especially on the different screens. Thanks for the reminder!

My god – it’s full of shortcuts…

You might need to turn it on in settings.

Ugh, my forts stalled out with 2 turns to go when the cold scale went away. They will not continue building, but so far at least remember they are partially built and can be continued. This is going to be a challenge! At least I have 17 provinces even with one having to be taken again after an event, but I have no way to build forts yet! I was going to have 2 new forts with labs up next turn and likely have to wait a year now! Go team!