Dominions 5: Multiplayer Warriors of the Feint - 2018 Stabby-Stabby Edition

Nice! I use the y key a lot to see total formation of armies converging on a province, but that is probably part of the help menu.

Have you talked to your team about how best to handle your extended camping trip?

Yeah, the general theme of dominions seems to be more focused on national troops and buffing said troops these days compared to what we had with Dom 3.

One of my favourite summons with CBM in Dom 3 was the Wendigo. It starts off as this lowly frail unit, but give it a few months, grew into a hulking SC like unit that could cast some useful buffs and go to town.

I heard a similar rumour, forget where. I think Illwinter know that Titans generally suck and want to rebalance them. Every single time I’ve gone with a titan I end up regretting it.

I heard the same thing, which is why I have waited on modding anything yet. I don’t know if it necessarily will balance Pretenders (since IW rarely balance anything after they add the content) but it should bring some more balance/options to the bless mechanics which will change how Pretenders need to be balanced.

I sincerely hope the address the Rainbow problem with blessings, but I have my doubts.

@legowarrior, could you please add 4 hours to the timer for this turn? I may be a little late home from work today and need a little extra time.

We have discussed it on having someone take over, but haven’t decided yet. Can one person do both turns? I thought there was an issue with multiple nations using the same email address. I could ask my wife to use her email for a bit and do the turns probably, although may need an extension day or two during the week.

I’m not sure this is so bad - it at least keeps nation identities (and their troops) in the game, rather than every nation collapsing into armies of identical summoned troops. But this does mean nation balance will be more important going forward.

Mid-battle summons seem (to my newbie eyes) still quite strong.

From what I know, an old problem with Dom3 is that it focused too much on SC/summons, so once past the first three dozen turns the normal armies were worthless. That’s why the balance in Dom4 changed to focus the game again in normal armies with magic support.

That said, yeah, there are two dozen summons that could be cheaper.

Dominions is a massive game with a lot of working parts and takes a while to get your head wrapped around it, so I can certainly see your viewpoint being new. However, I’m sure as you play you will see how the gem economy/mage economy funnels your actual choices.

The most annoying aspect of this is that most summons as they currently stand in costs, are absolutely worthless. The units summoned do not have any sort of impact that merits their use. This also plagues the magic item selection which, as of Dom5, is even more limited than you would think.

I certainly can see a little of that already.

What did they do to nerf the summoned units? Their stats, their numbers, their cost?

I have already observed that magic item selection seems quite, quite limited. Many items seem far too expensive for what they appear to do.

Summoned units were already not well balanced in previous iterations of Dominions, but the nerf came with the change to the combat system that took those summons that were worth the cost (or overperforming as the case may be) and reduced them further and basically pigeonholed most previous SC/thug chassis that don’t come with enough paths to cast battlefield magic.

I wish unit summons were better. They are so much more interesting than thug, SC or booster summons

In Dom4 it was even worse, in Dom5 they improved a dozen items that were garbage before, and make the brands slightly more expensive (or more expensive to research? can’t remember)

Extension went through.

I asked on discord. As long as both files get saved to the same game folder, then you should be good to go. Llamaserver just needs to change the email destination. Just PM the email destination and I’ll take care of the rest.

And since someone is doing two turns for a while, I’m okay with making the turns 72 hours or so, until @Otthegreat comes back. That way we don’t miss as many turns.

As always, I would prefer 12 hour turns, because I’m enjoying it, and learning a lot, but with tax season rolling it, that’s not something I could do.

Sounds good. PM sent.

@legowarrior, could you please add 24 hr to the turn? I could get mine done tonight before bowling, but won’t have time to do both. I can finish up Tuesday after work.

Thanks!

Also, timezones.

Oh, its not that bad. We are awake 16 hours a day. I sure we can make it work.

Anyway, 24 hours extra to our 72 hour clock.

Thanks! I don’t want to rush the next two big battles.

Is an extension necessary? @tylertoo, how are you doing?

Doing my turn now.