Dominions 5 - Pretender to the Throne!

I agree with @Strato. @pyrhic is an evil ruthless paragon of efficiency when it comes to dominions. Why I remember my last game with him, when I was just a wee lad. I had taken a nation and cleverly arranged for my pretender to summon great eagles at a minimal cost, but in large numbers. Back then, I was a paragon of virtue, a Saint among Cardinals, without a speck on my flawlessly white three piece suit. But in order to prevent @pyrhic from winning the game, I had to attack. I executed a blitz on the capital of someone else who had fallen to the cunning machinations of @pyrhic . All was going well…too well.

And then… the boat arrived. By air. With hundreds of summoned trolls, kitted out heroes, and mages spilling gems out of their pockets as they stepped off the boat, and onto the fallen bodies of my hapless warriors.I think my troops managed to give them a broken nail or two.

(In other news, I am still knee deep in WW2 simulations, Combat Mission and War in the Pacific. No Dom for me!)

Dude, that happened like…one time!

awww…sweet memories. My flying troll buddies! I think this may have been the original Wilde Ryde - HA! I found it! Qt3 QTtheHIll Dominions Disciples game thread - #677 by pyrhic

holy shit, i did a great write up on it ;) Hard to believe that’s like 5 years ago

booo!

The game’s mechanics are slowly coming back to me as I knock off the rust I’ve accumulated since Dom3. As a result, my scouts are no longer holding back information from me and are now reporting that @legowarrior is expanding rapidly eastward.

Does anyone know if Patala will curb that expansion? Are they trying to push as far east as they can, and then backfill the provinces they passed? We’re concerned.

I wouldn’t say rapidly. It is more of a leisurely stroll east. I’m a fan of coastal and riverside property and all.
The nice thing, is that I bring warm weather with me, unlike that frigid cold that Bogarus seems to carry with them.

But I was surprised to see your domain show up within my nation’s borders. Honestly, I can’t say I’m a fan of that.

Perhaps you didn’t assign sufficient points to Dominion when you birthed your Pretender…? Surely Bogarus can’t be held responsible for that decision.

Sure, blame the victim for the crimes you have committed.

Well, i mean, he does kind of have a history of doing exactly that…

Past performance is not indicative of future results people.

Is there any way to “unclaim” a Throne of Ascension? Dom3 didn’t have that victory condition, did it?

Had I known The Throne of Summer would add +1 Heat every month (I thought it was a one-time increase), I wouldn’t have claimed it.

Not unless you lose the province.

But, you do get access to the Mages of Summer now.

But, it should just increase your domain heat by 1. Keep in mind though that winter has ended, so the world is naturally warming.

Are they any better than my nation’s mages? Plus, I’d need to build a lab there to recruit them. My moneys are already so precious!

You need a lab, but if you don’t have access to Fire 2, or Nature 1, they are neat.

And you don’t need a castle, so, 500 gold, and you can start throwing them out.

And of course, you get a gem income.

Does the +1 heat trigger each turn regardless of whether or not someone has claimed that throne? I ask, because I was wondering why that province and the surrounding ones had heat scales so early on (when I’m cold 2).

It will trigger heat events, but they should be sporadic. It should modify your global Domain score to Cold 1, if you pretender had Cold 2 scales. The average temperature currently should be Neutral, last turn it was Cold 1, so everyone’s temperature should have gone up 1 this month.

Well poo…

https://illwiki.com/dom5/bogarus-la

Oh, Bogarus prefers cold 2.

Yeah, I thought Bogarus preferred Cold 1 and you had grab an extra cold scale (a single cold or heat scale can be countered by extra growth/production/order for more gold overall).

I need to hire a throne relocation contractor.

Well you might get a Throne of Winter!

So i’d like to vote on a restart, and my vote is yes.

The game is clearly divided between the haves (Arcos, Patala,C’tis) and the havenots (everyone else). For example, Ctis and I have more neutral territory to divide (between us) than bogarus has available to him, and that’s if he can even expand and capture all the neutral territories available to him. The haves all have at least 2 forts up, and are all likely working on a third or fourth. I could go on, but i think it’s pretty obvious…

I just think it’d be more fun for all if we just redo. So that’s my vote.

I’ll go along with whatever, but I’m clearly a have not and yet I don’t mind getting stomped and just moving on to another game. I’m learning!