Dominions 5 - Pretender to the Throne!

Not counting the great lake, and even with the loss of my poor scout in Bogarus, I have visibility over every province in the game, except for 6 (and the bogarus scout accounted for 2 of those). So ya, my scouting is awesome. Great income + late game availability of scouts = lots of scouts.

My experience is he’ll stick to his word, but he also he’s also a rapid expansionist who knows the game intimately. He has little respect for what others would consider polite boundaries: The boundaries are what anyone can seize. Your best defense is to take territory before he can get it. You’re, strangely, not even a great example of that. Patala is only 3 provinces removed from Bogarus, so the split you’ve achieved right now is about the most equitable of outcomes - in any kind of fair distribution, someone was going to end up one province closer to the others. Far to the west though is more what I’m talking about - the fledgeling Vaett empire should, by right of proximity, have an ability to expand northward - there is no one there, but Patala has expanded 5 provinces from his capital to almost totally cut off access to Vaett, even though those provinces are only 2 from his. In fairness, i also found I’m encroaching on Vaett (whom i thought was on the other side of the river). Had we continued the game, and out of a sense of neighborly generosity, i would have offered him the two provinces north of the southern throne(59 and 61). I still will offer him those, because that is the honorable thing to do. Of course, i must still keep rights to 63, because i need to keep an eye on that throne patala took.

And DFS, man that was a close fight - havent seen one like that in a while! I have no idea why that last defender didn’t break, but your last chariot guy chasing him down as he himself was chasing your fleeing raiders…that was CrAzY!

Damn, that is a lot of scouts.

I have a 2 or dozen at best, checking on my border provinces.

Yeah, I did kind of cut off Vaeti and Bogarus. I go hard on expansion though. An army not conquering isn’t doing much. I figure I can always gift Provinces after I take them.

I also have a few provinces Vaeti cap circle, but in my defense, those mountains where really holding him back.

If you are a cold weather nation, Mountain Survival might be a good addition to your bless, because I think that lets you walk mountain passes, even in snow (if you have Sacred troops you can rely on).

Which it should be.

Also, if you are a cold nation, grab at least one extra point of cold for your nation.

I agree with what pyrhic has said here. lego also helped me out early with expansion in our last game when he didn’t have to and perhaps leveraged that into a relationship that helped him in later wars. I would say more, but would like to wait until that game has finished first.

Oh you guy’s!

Oh, and though i know kolbex is likely to submit his pretender any time now, please keep the current game going for at least one more turn - i have a performance evaluation i’d like to complete.

We’d certainly have to expand on our current relationship: our border is crazy! Of course, it would still be all kinds of cool to see phalanxes of solar weapons, that’d be crazy!

I was surprised to see all that much Bandar from you this game.

Sadly, it looks like your Bandar are slightly better then mine, with 1 higher attack and defense, and, 2 extra health and 1 extra morale.
On the other hand 2 extra gold, and 2 more recruitment points.
I wonder if the C’tis recruits of EA Ermor stack favorable vs EA C’tis.

yknow, i had neglected them in my tests, but they’re really superior troops. Their magic resist is bad though, but that doesn’t matter much in the early game. But their str, attack and morale are all better than my best troops, and though they give up a few points of protection, they use almost half the resources, so they’re a bit of a steal.

Aw man, Ctis gets lizard kings…is it even possible to think of lizard king and not think of:

Imgur

Many a quarter deposited into those machines back in the day. Am I really that old?

One of the major transitions from playing single player to multiplayer is that everybody should be a rapid expansionist… it gives you options even if the options are to concede territory to others in exchange for peace. 12 provinces in 12 turns is the target. You may not actually be able to execute that in game, but you should regularly be hitting that mark in your tests.

The other transition is to have a set of plans for the early/middle and late game. That’s a tougher transition that I think many of us are still working on.

That was way closer than I thought it was going to be and I was so relieved that the commander survived. He was the only non-chaff thing involved on my end and I would have hated to have lost him. (Sacred Priest-Hero that can command both regular and undead units. Something C’tis usually needs 3-4 units to do.)

my bad, I meant rabid not rapid.

So, do we know when we will be starting the next game? Because, eventually, I’ll need to start a war with someone, and I would rather not give away too much more of my play style if we are going to start soon.

Just submitted my pretender. A migraine that had apparently been brewing all day yesterday put me out of action yesterday evening, but I’m good to go now. I think I was the last one, so the game should start now?

I feel your pain. Haven’t had one in a long while, but, boy, they can be quite disabling.

and we’re off…again!

Now that the second game has started, who’s going to continue taking turns in the original game?

I don’t plan to. I figured a restart meant an abandoning of the original.

Same. Can the game be closed on Llama?

Yes. I can do it tonight.