Dominions 5 - Pretender to the Throne!

oh no worries, the game is certainly into late stage now, and we probably should have moved it to 72 hours a week ago.

It’s kinda funny, whenever i build/test pretenders, I usually think up something, test it for 20/40 turns or so and then decide if it’s good enough or not. “Good enough” is a nebulous status that roughly means that the design fits with what i was thinking of. “Good enough” certainly doesn’t test design limits and often doesn’t detect anything that was not considered in the original plan.

Case in point: I seriously borked myself in terms of strategy in this game, and I’m kinda stumbling with how to deal with it. Certainly, that part of my brain that detaches itself from my ego is beside itself with mirth as it examines its other half…

I didn’t do any testing…and it shows! 😂

I did some testing for expansion. But, since I kept my build relatively broad, and my Nagarishi have relatively strong paths, I didn’t worry too much.

My pretender just needed to support what my Nagas could do, or what my Nagas could summon.

gladiator

What, were all the smaller gifs high-rez?

yep. i only gets 2mb.

I like finding out what happened in my turns via cryptic Evil_Steve posts before loading them up

Given that it’s a holiday weekend, can we add 48 hours to the timer?

sure, added

Shit, this turn. I mean, nothing major happened, but I honestly thought I was way ahead of @pyrhic in terms of… a lot of things, but I’m reviewing everything, and there are some powerful expansive things on the board.

Your research is either crazy good, or you are crazy focused in certain schools Too bad I didn’t get to see what your titan has up his sleeve.

In any case, time to prepare for things.

I’m ahead of you in research, but not as much as i thought i would be considering i had 10 forts up before i think you had 6. Hmm, but you know, looking at it more closely, you pretty much kept pace till the end, and if i was a fort ahead of you it was only for a month or two.

You were ahead of me in conjuration though for a while, but i’m not sure if you still are. Considering the quantity of mages you have traipsing all across my domain, i’m surprised you still have any research going at all.

And that’s not even considering the seduction going on. Here’s the play by play of me watching the first one:

Oh, shit a seduction attempt.
Oh fuck, it’s a sea father, damnit.
Oh, ya, the sea father still has a bottle of living water, nice!
Oh, ffs, patala’s got a bull, do all his seducers have that stupid headdress?
oh, ya! Elemental covers bull!
oh, ffs, who scripts swarm?!?
oh, liquid body! The sea father has a chance!
goddamnit, don’t water elemental have trample? or drown, or whatever…damnit!
Yes! Kill all the bugs, now go kill the nagini!
Yes! It’s dead, good hit! What?! It changes form on lethal? WTF man…
gah, nOOO! seafather! You died to bugs!
HAHA! Elemental kills you anyways!

lol, or something pretty close to that…

Big Titan. Big Sleeves.

ps: thanks for the headdress!

I believe that my scales is what keeps me competitive when it comes to research.

Then again, having 4 thrones puts you at an advantage.

The turns might not be getting through. I emailed Alex, the Llamaserver guy, and we’ll see if anything comes up from it.

I just received an email telling me Llama received a replacement turn from me, but I never sent one.

that sounds ominous…maybe submit another turn?

I’ll add 24hrs and hopefully this all gets sorted out…

That’s exactly what I did! Who knows what spell @dfs used to override my turn.

I’m having trouble myself, with the server not accepting my turn, and telling me the game doesn’t exist. I’ve reached out to Llama through email and discord.

Okay, Llambeast is looking at it, but he has kids and parents around. Let me know if anyone is having trouble.

Okay, it looks like it might be fixed. And it looks like I should delete the original pretender game, and not accidently try to upload it 12 times.

So, are we doing this? Is everyone set to move on to the next turn?