Dominions 5 - Pretender to the Throne!

R’lyeh and Lemuria. Both slowly kill your population.

It doesn’t hurt the nations to much, except that it makes it painful to fight because you end up with empty provinces that have zero value.

Also, they are not fun nations.

In case it wasn’t clear eariler, @pyrhic was joking with the xibalba pick

That’s a good fit! I know how much you like them.

How about Bogarus for me? Are they still available?

Indeed, pretty much everything is available.
The Mod didn’t make too many changes to that faction, except giving it a better starting army, and making Zmey suck less.

Sadly, the Wiki is blank on the nation.
https://illwiki.com/dom5/nations#:~:text=Dominions%205%20has%20a%20multitude%20of%20nations%20from,template%20when%20making%20a%20new%20nation%20page%20nationtemplate

My understanding is that they take a bit of time to get going but they have a lot of interesting summons.

Those Occultists look bad ass though.

No matter what, it seems like we are looking at a Cold Time in the world.

Blood Hunting Analysis - Google Sheets

Found this if it helps anyone.

Hands above the table…

Atlantis was my goto nation in the LA. It’s thematic, effective, tough to take down early and can end up as a real powerhouse.

Since I am familiar with the nation I’ve made the offer to Kolbex to act as a sounding board while he learns. Obviously such advice will have to end once we start the game, but it might help in focus.

I’m sorry that you lost your first pick. I hadn’t realized you were going for it, but it is a pretty straight forward nation despite having excellent themes.

I’m glad you can help as a sounding board. Not that I need to DFS to fight. Having one our current game is tough enough.

Of course, you all realize that now we have 3 cold based nations on the field, and most of them get bonuses from low temps and have snow walking.

I wanted to provide you with this link. I don’t always agree with DasTactics about his videos are a great place to start for people new to Dominions. There are a lot of options, and not all of them are good. The Mod we are using fixes most of the trap options, but not all of them.

So, I got word from the CBM modders that an update is coming later in March. A few small changes, but the one that caught my eye is that Draconians might be buffed.

As I see it, I don’t think it’s enough reason to delay our game, but if people wanted more time to practice and get things together anyway, I wouldn’t be too upset about holding off a little longer.

Let me know what you think. I really want everyone to have a good experience and this game has a steep learning curve.

I’m fine with sticking to the original schedule.

Here is a list of things that they are thinking of changing.

Some tentative changes planned/considered for 0.73, which I hope I’ll be done with by the end of March.

A few of these ideas will likely just be scrapped, it’s a rough list, feel free to give an opinion:

(maybe) helmets on more units: EA Enkidu, Apostates of the Closed Realm
Ice weapons on undead Caelites
Update Jotun undead - slightly more HP, but keep the lack of shock resist?
Tone down MA Machaka (too many changes?),
Van/Hel Herse dismounted
Nerf Ulfhedins?
Wight cold aura 3 → (size + 1) ?
Phaecia when island start: +capital PD, adjacent land provinces have reduced pop?
Void Sanity 5 on Androidai & Androleth
W elementals: size 6-5 4->3 attacks, size 4-3 3->2 attacks? Ice elementals gain coldpower 1
Nightmare Amazon sacred enc 15 → enc 10
Woodland Spirits forest-only, entanglement+life drain and 12 morale, no homesickness, plainshape with no regen and only life drain (no entanglement)
Buff Draconians: strong poison on bite, add taloned kick, remove cold-blooded?
Blood Lord (site recruitable) homesick 20%->10%
Statue of War discounted 20 for Yomi & Shinuyama
Adept sacrificer 1 on Hinnom’s Kohen
Siren gains a 100% random, cost 130->150
Lightning Rod autocasts Storm Power
Basalt Spear 1 handed, loses -1 defence, rcost 6->4.
Fixing the issue making the Throne of Autumn not lose the +Death dom effect
Black Servant gaining floating, maybe a small stat rework
More Fire items giving +morale/leadership, including the Fire Sword (could give just +5?), Sceptre of Authority could give +50 instead of +25 leadership

Nothing jumps out at me as being to necessary.

I don’t really know what any of that means, but here’s what I do know: if there are buffs to Atlantis, I am in favor of watiing; if there are nerfs to Atlantis, I am not in favor of waiting.

I see three things that could potential help LA Atlantis (Water Elementals, Black Servants and maybe Lightning Rod) but honestly, nothing stands out as being all that helpful to Atlantis.

So, if I were you, I would vote not to wait. Unless you want more time to practice or read through guides.

For me personally, I want to get started, but I also like new shiny things. That’s why I’m happy either way.

I was joking, I really don’t care either way, although the procrastinator in me is always in favor of more time, so if it comes down to a tie I’ll vote in advance for waiting.

Think i’m gonna pick arcos. No real reason, just don’t think i’ve given them a fair shake.

pyrhic reserves his right to change his pick after he looks at the mods

Arco seems pretty so cool. I started a conversation on Steam about Gift of Reason, and one of the biggest points was Lampads. Those things might very well be worth giving the gift of reason to.

Not sure about the rest of the lineup, but it does have that cool ability to convert Nature Gems to Death Gems.

I think the biggest differences is making the sacreds better, and the armor cause less fatigue.

Okay, that is three players down.

4 picks left to go.

I’ve got 3 picks left…Did I miss something?

Evil_Steve - Vaettiheim
Kolbex - Atlantis
Mysterio - Bogarus
pyrhic - Arco
Mellified -
dfs -
legowarrior -

Oh, I didn’t count @Mysterio.

Come on people, lets give full throated declarative statements that can brook no confusion!

I want to see you passionately declare your choices!

MagicSites_v3 - Google Sheets

This might help people in the game. Its a breakdown of site searching.