Dominions 5 - Pretender to the Throne!

maybe you can get them to pay for your wall too

I have concluded that it is not possible.

I have so little gold! Instead, I just have troops.

Unacceptable. You can’t die till I kill you.

Nay, nay!

So, this game stopped being a Single-player game. Hello neighbor. You probably can’t see me yet, but my scouts have found you. Let us be friends.

Sure, although I don’t understand how did you get into my single-player game.

Oh. I see you. We will be great friends.

well it can’t be me, as positioned as I am between a giant river and impassable mountains, I DON’T GET OUT MUCH

Are mountains a problem for goblins with crossbows?

we’re VERY SHORT! ;)

@legowarrior can you update the first post with who is playing which nation? I’m sure i’ll know it in a week or two, but it’s easier to find there in the meantime than hunting through the thread…

oh, and are there any diplomacy rules?

Evil_Steve - Vaettiheim
Kolbex - Atlantis
Mysterio - Bogarus
pyrhic - Arco
dfs - C’tis
legowarrior - Patala

I am the only one that changed.

Diplo is not binding, except for trades.
That being said, we have new players here so, let us not be too Machiavellian.

can you update the first post? It’s far easier to find there than in post #113

It’s updated.

Thank you! I guess we’re just hanging around waiting for Kolbex :)

How you doing?

It’s early!

lol, no worries - i’m actually just having some fun expressing that i know who atlantis is now :0

Is there no way to get ranged units? I had what I thought was a nice force of powerful infantry, but they were routed almost immediately by a handful of crossbowmen.

Ranged units are of limited use in Dominions, because Decoys and Arrow Fend exist.

The best way to get around an indie with Crossbows might be to set up a decoy unit up front. Indie Archers almost always target closet, so some troops with big shields that can die will take the most of the damage, allowing your other troops to advance.

You can also try placing your troops far away from the enemy, forcing them to fire shots a maximum range, and missing with most of them, before advancing. This also gives you a bit of time to buff of them, especially when you hold for 2 turns.

Your Ice Guard with Shield, in cold 3, should be able to tank a few shots.

Does any of that help?

Anyway, Indie Crossbows are the bane of the LA start for some nations. Not for Pythium or Ulm, but it is for nations like Jomon. Its why I paid top dollar for my own crossbows.