Dominions 5 - Pretender to the Throne!

Yes. I had already hit on the Ice Guard as Most Likely to Survive, but as far as the Cold 3 goes, I don’t have any control over that, right? The provinces surrounding me all seem to be heat 1 or higher, which I was a little surprised by. My cold spread along with my dominion, right? I’ve had some, uh, setbacks in that area, too.

Well, it’s fall right now, so in Winter, expect Cold 1 in a lot of places. I believe cold is pushed out slightly ahead of your domain, but that might just be limited to Vaetiheim.

Pushing your domain can be a big benefit, so keep your prophet where it can do that automatically.

Dominion - illwiki: Dominions 5 Wiki might help.
As might this.
Mechanics - illwiki: Dominions 5 Wiki

Maybe I should have read this again before building my bless. Oh well.

https://illwiki.com/dom5/taorec-bless-strategies

“Victory Conditions - There are 5 Level 1 Thrones, and you must control 3 of them. That should make the game go a little faster.”

Remembering this I started drooling when I looked at the map.
And then I looked at the map again.
The map has 12 thrones and you need 7 to win.

Yeah, I felt like I had to change, because 3/5 could too easily fall to a blitz. 7/12 seemed more reasonable, with so few players. Plus, level 1 thrones aren’t that much more guarded than tough provinces.

I’m sorry if this felt last minute. About a week ago, I was discussing my game creation on discord, and they suggested the norm was a lot of thrones. I felt like 12 (2 per player) was a good compromise.

Not criticizing the choice. I just wanted to point it out in case anybody else was plotting how to win in the next 10 turns or so.

We’re doing well, but not THAT well.

I better read up on that cataclysm thingee.

yeah TAKE THAT, mister i’ve got 15 heavy cavalry mates and what are you going to do about it. NYAH NYAH NYAH. Now where was I… ah yes, world domination… stage, er… 1

It’s generally considered a bad thing best left avoided. I’ve been in one once…things get out of hand very quickly. That’s a nice army you have there, be a real shame is something from another frame of existence ripped it apart, ate it, and had babies on your capital.

My biggest regret was not naming my pretender Vectron.

one of those turns i’m gonna have to think over. I think i’ve got enough force to take this province, but if i fail it’ll set me back a bit, and if i don’t attack, then i’ll be wasting an otherwise good chance to expand…

We have been lucky with a few fast turns. At some point, we will all need to slow down and think.

oh, it’s all waiting on me…mmm, this is a dominions feeling i love. It’s even better than being next…

meh. Thinking in a dominions game.

oh, please. You think all the time, i know you do. Like that game where you just flat up betrayed me, i mean, you totally thought about that for at least a second.

And there was that other game where you also betrayed me, you probably thought about it for a second there too…

This game, though, he will no doubt honor your alliance.

Man, you really ride your mercs rough, don’t you?

And now i have people i can be friends with!

Nope. Not for a second. It’s reflex by now.

Stylin’, wildin’
Livin’ it up in the city

If lizards had feelings we would feel badly about that. They earned every kopek.

Smoother than a fresh jar of Skippy

Let’s not get too silly. True to form. You’ll be at war with somebody in the next three months.

Gotta kiss myself, I’m so pretty
I’m too hot (hot damn)

Oh. Look there is arco right on the horizon. I wonder if late era arco has all the fun toys that early era arco has.