Dominions 5 - There is no I in team, but there is in Disciple

We are down to the final two options. Strato is working on it and will let you know!

I have a side bet on the two nations they’re considering ;)

I READ YOUR BOOK STRATO!

as an aside, i was amusing myself today with a parody of cash’s ‘i’ve been everywhere’ along the lines of ‘i’ve been every pretender’…

and now i’ve been amusing myself with a parody of that called ‘i’ve been every pear’ - but i got stuck after anjou.

I guess that should be “i’ve eaten every pear”…

The Chernobyl Murder Hornets will be introducing the world to the glory of Mictlan and its resplendant temples.

Your blood shall line the path of the stone steps upon which you will meet your end.

was the other nation you were considering Ermor?

Ermor? No. Not even close in many different ways.

Mystery music plays…

fine, i’ll take 1/2 then :P

Team PVW takes Tien Chi.

I honestly thought you would go with Triple Angry Elves! Well, until Helheim was taken.

Guess I didn’t know xibalba had elves…

Sorry I was looking at B, not C.

what thrones are there going to be? oh, nevermind, twelve level 1…

Playtesting this, there are some rather untenable starting positions (provinces 130 and 140 seem the most egregious(small island with the 3 province lake)) - are we planning any kind of mulligan rule for the teams on start?

I see those provinces. Did anyone actually start their? I started in 128 once, but as a water nation, that was fine.

A lot of the start positions only have 3 connections in total though, like 103.

I started in 130 last test game. It was pretty miserable

I started twice in the save cave with only three connections - 87.

Team “we’re making it up” does not have a choice yet. It may be a while. You should be able to test strategies w/out the final nation.

If this map doesn’t work out, I have a back up map.

It has less caves and more water and more provinces.

I would suggest everyone pick on more nation, not to play, but as a free replacement. The order would be
D
C
B
A

Let me know if that is of interest. I will look for the other map when I get on my PC later on today.

TNN, Vanheim and Helheim? You clearly haven’t read my book. Get in touch with pyrhic, he might lend you a copy… If it existed that is. Admittedly, I am hopeful I can come up with new surprises every game. Not that I have any yet for this current game, though tooling around with Pretender/Disciple tool, I hit an issue where the points I had devised for a particular chassis were fine, but 24hours later, I end up with a different value. That one has me scratching my head. So yeah, I’m surprised at least.

You know you just want to run cold scales and have C’Tis running around :p Speaking of, don’t be like me once and think the “Swimming” ability means a unit can swim underwater. That was an unfortunate error on my behalf all those games ago. Seem to recall it was a LA Wild Ride game. That was a weird game that one. Swimming doesn’t mean they can swim in the ocean, just across rivers it seems.

Here is the alternative map I was thinking of.

7th - Position A selects - Agartha
8th - Position B selects - TNN
9th - Position C selects - Xibalba
10th - Position D selects *2 - Hellheim, Ulm
11th - Position C selects - Formoria
12th - Position B selects - Berytos
13th - Position A selects *2 Ur and Hinnom
14th - Position B selects - Mictlan
15th - Position C selects - Tien Chi
16th - Position D selects

Caelum or Niefelheim for that Cold Goodness?

Edit - by the way, if anyone is looking for appropriate music to play while playing Dominions, might I suggest this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRIfsFefatg

We’ve got…options. Lots to try out.

Strato mentioned C’tis…C’tis is an odd one for me. I read about it and playtest it and do great, but then when I run it against other humans I always run into issues overestimating what they can do.

Well, that is mixing cold blooded nations with 2 nations that prefer Cold 1. I would not encourage that mix at all.

We talked about putting C’tis in our team, but it just didn’t match what we were looking for. Although, it would be the right part of the world.

Edit: By the way, I’m surprised by the lack of nations that don’t give some sort of bless or domain bonus for your teams.