Dominions 5 - There is no I in team, but there is in Disciple

If someone wants to send me Astral Gems, I can knock out Well of Misery. If I can get about 25 Astral gems from each of the other teams, I do it.

Alternatively, I don’t mind sending 25 Astral gems to someone else on the promise that they will knock out Well of Misery.

sure, send to me!

Why do you love misery so much?

@pyrhic, I would send it to you, but as stated, your team is without honor, and I doubt you would actually dispel Well of Misery.

And yes, I know its your own team mate, although, that actually makes me think its more likely you would dispel it. Much like your sacred unit, the Scorpion, it is in your nature to sting others, even those that help you.

Added 24 hrs because i really don’t want TNN to stale and i want to go to sleep. This will be the last time I extend time when i’m not asked.

Thanks for the extension. It was my birthday this weekend and things got away from me.

my turn’s corrupted. Asked for a resend and…the resend is corrupted. VVhat?

@dfs, is this still a problem? @legowarrior, is there a solution if the issue will persist? Thanks!

I remember a fix for this. I’ll do some digging.

@dfs Step one is delete your save game folder (copy to backup if you might need it). Make a new save folder. Get a fresh turn. In the mean time, I will do some digging.

Nuked the old directory. Had llama send me a new turn file. Same message. I will likely postpone the turn till I either figure it out or give up in frustration.

This is why you never rollback.

I just had a 24hr notification for the game hosting. Not a big issue for me as I have plenty of freetime, but given the current corrupted file problem, I don’t want to deal with orders until we get a resolution of what’s happening. Turn is being extended I expect?

And yeah, this game is definitely cursed I’ve decided. Anyone else wake up with a strange marking on their arm? Seeing shadowy abberations in their peripheries? This lightless lantern doesn’t help illuminate anything. Absolute junk.

That’s where you’re wrong friend - it illuminates everything.

Yes, i’ll extend the timeline if we need to, but i’d rather wait for dfs to report first.

I’m open for ideas. Searching on “corrupted dominions” these days is an exercise in frustration that brings up a passel of articles about voting machine lawsuits.

The hits I get DO revolve around Llamaserver and earlier versions of dominions. They seem to imply that resending (possibly to a different e-mail address) will either work or not. In my case so far the answer is not. I’ve nuked the original directory and had the trn file download to a separate e-mail account. This has produced the same message that I had before.

I’m open to suggestions here.

@dfs I have sent an email to llamabeast. We are old friends. He is EU time so I might get an answer today. Definitely pause the game while we search out a solution. I also pinged you on Qt3 discord to discuss faster. And I can talk to the rest of the beta team.

@pyrhic The issue with rollback causing bugs was solved by Illwinter a few years ago. I have not seen any bugs caused by rollbacks since then and have used them fairly often.

It’s rollbacks, i tell you!

Also game extended 72 hrs while we figure out how to deal with this rollback issue

I kid, i kid…

I know! It used to be rollbacks but we pestered Illwinter hard to fix that. I got caught frequently with old memories from 12 years ago thinking they are still true in the game.

Now you disparage my old memories! I will not have this! Lord British take you!

Do we rollback the turn and try again? I know… I know… Now Pyrhic will try and murder me in my sleep*, especially as I decided to deliberately capitalise the name… If we roll back, I’d say maybe a worldwide truce until we get past the turn corruption. Well excepting AI players that will do AI things like bash their heads against a brick wall. I just wonder if there’s a funky mix between the game and game mods causing issues.

*Jokes on you, I don’t sleep.

Joke’s on you, I don’t try.