Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith

I feel that most water powers are inferior to most land powers. Maybe that’s not true, but it feels it. So any land vs sea conflict tilts towards to the land in my mind…

I’ve actually been playing a lot Dominions 5 and CoE5, and I’d love to join if there’s room.

I think I have to sit this one out. To much travel in the near future, sadly.
I will, of course, give out unsolicited and likely bad advice and commentary during the duration of it, however.

Oh man, I can’t wait to get a bunch of sage advice from you that I will not understand and probably unwittingly ignore.

Well, good for you that we’re kinda slow rolling this one up, i imagine it’ll take weeks to get started, so you’re near future plans can remain uninpeded.

Yes: pyrhic, strato, scottya koblex, kolbex’s cat
maybe: dfs? I mean, you didn’t say no…
maybe: akaoni? I mean, you did say no, but that was near future dependent…

I will be keen to play an underwater nation.

Depending on era, if it is ma, I’ll gladly try Ys again. Nothing quite beats some cave crabs emerging from the depths, clickity click with their pincers led by the flame haired vixens of the depths, the Morgan princesses on their amphibious steeds.

I’m trying to resist the temptation. If you’ll have an open spot by the time the game starts, I may ask to let me join.

I’m in. (with the understanding that I will be out of commission for a week there in August.)

Any word on a Dominions 6 in the works? Seems like they are about due for another release.

It won’t come out until you are half way through an Epic Multiplayer Game that you personally have a chance at winning.
That’s just how it goes.

I guess I should get started then.

They’re waiting until you buy CoE5.

No Dominions 6 news, but my favorite Mod, CBM, came out with a new version.
Dom5 Balance Mod Collab - Google Docs

I’m trying out my favorite Faction, MA Machaka.

It’s coming…

When compared to earlier iterations of the game this one has more changes than any previous version, both mechanics-wise and UI/QoL-wise.

Huzzah!

/takemymoneygif

Nice!
I wonder what the new mechanics are.

I’ve noticed that every edition is better balanced then the previous edition (although not as balanced as what every ‘balanced’ mod that had already come out for the previous edition), so I’m curious to see the state of this.

It will probably mean a brand new Wiki, and who knows how the discords will be reshuffled.

(Oh, I hope they put the game on Epic! This would be an easy purchase if I can get a 10 dollar coupon)

One of these years/releases I will actually take the time to learn this damn game. Is there a spell to banish adhd?

Same, brother. Same.

https://larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

This all you need! Just click on units - select any nation you would like, and just click on national. And just read through all the lore that Illwinter put together for a unit. And they did something for all units. Some are copy paste - like different types of solders. Some give you hints about special abilities.

That was my gate way into the game. Not the mechanics, just the lore. And then the spell paths and the combinations.

Also, it makes you ask questions - Vampire Counts are cool, but only your Pretender can create them, so you need to figure out if its worth it. (It is). Of course, some spells are important, but some spell just exist because of lore reasons, and shouldn’t be bothered with.

Oh, and the wiki is so much better these days!

Welcome to illwiki! - illwiki: Dominions 5 Wiki

By the way, keep in mind, half the infantry chaff is useless in the game and can be ignored.

Yes, but you need to build a 32-mage communion first.